Dirt bike trailer

I building a trailer like the Trail Tail. Has anybody played with a single wheeled dirt bike trailer.

I building a trailer like the Trail Tail. Has anybody played with a single wheeled dirt bike trailer.

They are fine for smooth ground or fireroads, but you have to ride pretty mellow to keep from having the trailer influence your ride: it gets REALLY HAIRY over rough terrain, especially rain ruts. It's like someone is in back of you slamming into the sides of your rear tire, and it gets scary as you get turned from the rear. It works fine for 'camping in', so you can take it off and ride without it later, but doing a loop with one on is just no fun.

They make a really cool one for Mountain biking named BOB.

B.O.B.

No, but am extremely interested! Please post updates.:confused:

Rich

They are fine for smooth ground or fireroads, but you have to ride pretty mellow to keep from having the trailer influence your ride: it gets REALLY HAIRY over rough terrain, especially rain ruts. It's like someone is in back of you slamming into the sides of your rear tire, and it gets scary as you get turned from the rear. It works fine for 'camping in', so you can take it off and ride without it later, but doing a loop with one on is just no fun.

Thank you, that's the kind of feedback I'm looking for. I would like an alternative to side boxes. Side boxes can't get through single track well. A narrow trailer seemed like good idea. Do you think the trailer design could be improved to minimize the pushing. Maybe a shock or damper?