HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bryan

Decompressor Oil Leak anyone? Anyone?

4 posts in this topic

Has anybody had trouble with an oil leak from their decompressor?

I recently stripped that decompressor guide bolt and after using heli coils and curse words for two weeks, I finally JB welded that sucker in. Now I'm getting an oil leak from the decompressor assembly. Is there a seal or bushing or something on the decompressor that I've possibly hosed?

Man, I hope I can get that guide bolt out after JB welding it in there. Dooooooooooh!

Bryan in Denver...

[ April 25, 2002: Message edited by: Bryan ]

that is the same exact thing that happened to my good friend Idahoan. He did the same as you. he is just riding it and checking the oil pretty often. it is a 1998 and he is getting a new one next year. He is not to worried about it. Why did you loosen it or take it out in the first place???

I had to adjust that valve. It was way off. To remove the cover to get to the shim, you must remove that assembly.

It seemed like it was loosing a lot of oil, but it barely changed on the dip stick. Worst case, I can just live with it. But it's such a mess. Especially since I ride in dusty situations here in Denver.