HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DownEast75

Pilot Adjustment Screw

3 posts in this topic

Hey Guys,

I just bought a '02 650L. It has been running extremely rich, so I pulled the carb, to inspect. I noticed a few things right off.

1. Pilot adjustment screw on carb had been broken off, so I need a new one. However I cant find where to order one, I just ordered new jets, but I cant find where to order a Pilot Adjustment/Mixture Screw.

2. The smog stuff had been removed, But I think it was done incorrectly, There is a hose that runs from one side of the carb to the other that has a "T" connector in the middle. I see on the instructions to remove the smog you have to cap off the bottom of the T "PAIR vacuum tube". However the guy capped off the nipple on the front of the carb. And left the hose connected to the side of the carb to the nipple . "Close to where the throttle cables connect" I plan on replacing this hose. Did this condition create my bike to run rich.

I guess my main question is where do I get a new "Pilot adjustment screw"

Thanks for the help

Hey Guys,

I just bought a '02 650L. It has been running extremely rich, so I pulled the carb, to inspect. I noticed a few things right off.

1. Pilot adjustment screw on carb had been broken off, so I need a new one. However I cant find where to order one, I just ordered new jets, but I cant find where to order a Pilot Adjustment/Mixture Screw.

2. The smog stuff had been removed, But I think it was done incorrectly, There is a hose that runs from one side of the carb to the other that has a "T" connector in the middle. I see on the instructions to remove the smog you have to cap off the bottom of the T "PAIR vacuum tube". However the guy capped off the nipple on the front of the carb. And left the hose connected to the side of the carb to the nipple . "Close to where the throttle cables connect" I plan on replacing this hose. Did this condition create my bike to run rich.

I guess my main question is where do I get a new "Pilot adjustment screw"

Thanks for the help

Check the TT store for the screw.

Its running rich, so... What jets are in it? What other mods have been done? Elevation? Stock exhaust and intake?

maybe its had "daves mods" done to it. check this out to see if the tab is broken off or the completely broken off. check figure 6 and 7.

http://www.4strokes.com/tech/honda/xr650lcarbmods/

but you can also see what mods if any have been done to this carb by checking the holes on the bottom of the slide and what jet sizes are in it