Anyone running a "woods" bar?

I wanted a tall bend, narrow bar so I got the Pro Taper, EVO - Pastrana with the "woods" config.

Because the bars are cut so narrow, I found that there was not enough room to mount the start button and front brake m/c without swapping positions, (butting the brake assy up to the throttle)..... then the little clip/clamp that secures the start button to the bars would not fit because the m/c resevoir was in the way... so I decide I can zip ty it on and that actually worked :D Now I mount the CYCRA hand guards but they are obviously too long so those also have to be modified (chopped down and a new hole drilled in them) OK so I am ready to bolt everything on but then the brake lever is hitting the bark buster so I chop that down.... OK I think I got it now... I mount up and check the "feel" - :eek:

My throttle thumb and finger are rubbing on the brake lever boot with every twist of the throttle, I find that i really don't like the feel of the narrow bars. This all equates to about 3 hours of wasted time in the garage and I now need new bark busters....

Anyone else have this same problem? It really all stems from the start button so be warned if you have the desire to buy a woods width bar.... my advice would be to just cut a 1/2" of some regular width bars:prof:

For Sale - Never used, mounted up once, Pro Taper EVO, Pastrana bend, Woods width bar ?

Lol...Don, I will trade you my Pastrana FMX bars for your woods version.

They are pretty narrow Pete but absolutely no issues with cable length even with the BRP sub mount because the throttle gets shoved so far towards the middle of the bike....

I personally felt they were too narrow after I go them on....

They are pretty narrow Pete but absolutely no issues with cable length even with the BRP sub mount because the throttle gets shoved so far towards the middle of the bike....

I personally felt they were too narrow after I go them on....

Going to use them for Eddieville? I'll check them out there. On the start line. Right after I turn off your fuel petcock.

wow. i'm running the pro-taper woods hi bend with some tusk risers. cable length was good, and i was able to fit all the controls and my cycra handguards(triple clamp mounts) by only rotating the brake resevoir up.

at one time, i had to chop the ball off of my brake lever, but i think that was before i got the new bars.

there must be a difference between the EVO and regular pro-tapers.

i actually like the narrow bar. it's a bummer that you had so many issues. that's a lot of time fooling around with your controls.

and i was able to fit all the controls and my cycra handguards(triple clamp mounts)

Thats it.... I am running the "U" clamps on the bars and it forced me to try and cram everything in as well as have the brake line clear the CYCRA clamp...

BArs are too narrow for me so all's well.

Thats it.... I am running the "U" clamps on the bars and it forced me to try and cram everything in as well as have the brake line clear the CYCRA clamp...

BArs are too narrow for me so all's well.

that sucks-

there's no way to get the u clamps and all the other stuff on there. there's just not enough room.

good luck finding a solution.

I ran the Pro-Taper woods-hi bend for years and there was barely enough room for everything. Especially when it came to the bark buster mounting. I crashed hard and bent them last year and all I could readily find were CR-hi bends. My original intent was to cut them down to the same size but viola! there's enough room and I have better steering leverage. So I left them wide. I also switched to Cycra Pro-bend handguards. Wish I did it years ago.