Engine oil blues...

Yes it is quite normal, Don't sweat it, Everything is alright. There are several different oils in use I personally use Golden Spectro 15/50...Great for the racing that I put my WR through each season. You will want to purchase a Magnetic drain plug from Terry Cable for your ride as extra protection.

Do a search on: Engine Oil

There have been endless discussions on this subject.

Bonzai ?

I am wondering what would the advantage of the car Mobil 1 oil be over the motorcycle Mobil 1 oil? I read couple of magazines that said not to run car synthetic oil in bikes. I am no oil expert, but I thought I should raise the question.

Please don't raise this issue again! ?

Just do a search on "oil" from the menu at the top.

This seems to be a very touchy subject and usually goes on for hundreds of posts.

Personally, I use Mobil 1 15w50 and have since my '98 400. Never had a failure or problem.

I think that most oils are ok to use, you just need to change it every other ride and clean/replace the filter every other oil change.

Originally posted by Dean400:

I am wondering what would the advantage of the car Mobil 1 oil be over the motorcycle Mobil 1 oil? I read couple of magazines that said not to run car synthetic oil in bikes. I am no oil expert, but I thought I should raise the question.

The real question is, what is the advantage of the motorcycle Mobil 1 over the car Mobil 1? Nobody seems to question whether or not MX4T is a good oil choice for your bike. We just aren't convinced yet that the difference between it and plain old Mobil 1 15w50 is worth a couple bucks a quart. The key debate point is "friction modifiers".

I'd suggest doing a search to read the old threads, but you'd still not be able to answer the question. Best advice you'll come away with is to change it often no matter what you use. My manual says to use an oil which does not display the EC rating. It says nothing about using only a motorcycle specific oil.