Aftermarket clutches

I will be replacing the clutch in my 94' XR650L this summer. I have been told that I should use different brands by a few people. Here are the brands I have been told to use:

EBC

TUSK

OEM(Honda)

I have had more people tell me to run the Tusk clutch kit. Until I went to Rocky Mountian ATV I had not heard of them. The feed back on the produce was good for 90% of those that responded to their site. I use EBC brake pads on all my stuff so I trust the brakes but have no dealings with their clutches. I trust the Honda stuff but the price is well DAMN! ($190.+)

What have you seen run in our XRL's that will hold up well?

RH

Other than the price there is nothing wrong with the Honda clutches. I have heard good things about the Tusk clutches as well, but so far I have not tried any. RM doesn't just sells stuff. They have some private labels and Tusk is the one for parts like this. There has been some conjecture that they are made by EBC, but who knows. The price sure is good.

If you go to a cheaper place like Service Honda you should be able to get an OEM clutch for closer to $150.

Service Honda is good and cheaper. But, in just MY experience with them they will order literally anything, then wait 2-3 weeks and tell you it is no longer available. Bike Bnadit apprently has a parts database manager that updates what is out there and what is not. Rarely hgave I ordered from them and get the response service honda gives, "no longer available".

Service Honda is good and cheaper. But, in just MY experience with them they will order literally anything, then wait 2-3 weeks and tell you it is no longer available. Bike Bnadit apprently has a parts database manager that updates what is out there and what is not. Rarely hgave I ordered from them and get the response service honda gives, "no longer available".

+1 on that. I have had the exact same experience. The prices are low, but so is the service. I only use them when I'm spending a lot.

I have even had SH tell me something was no longer available and then I ordered the very same part from Bike Bandit and they got it for me.

I've had the same problem w/ servicehonda.com.

Now, all my OEM business has gone through hondaparts-direct.com. They seem to have a little faster shipping time than servicehonda, but the thing that I REALLY liked about hondaparts-direct is that they have fiche for ALL hondas, and that you can view it just by going on their webpage. In other words, you don't have to go through all the proxy stuff like you do w/ service honda.

Also, I'm in the process of putting an EBC clutch in my bike w/ new springs. Haven't done it yet because the stocker is still holding, but makes sounds during heavy amounts of clutching.