HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mavis0826

07 chain lenght ?

6 posts in this topic

Yes, you should be able to, no problem. Stock gearing is 14/50, I have run 15/50, you want to run 14/52, that's only one tooth more.

Stock gearing on an 07 is 13/50 not 14/50 like the 06s and before. You should be able to use the stock chain, but why do you want to change it to 14/52 anyway? It's virtually the same ratio as stock.

^^^^ good point on the gearing change not really being noteworthy^^^^

I would not change the sprockets without changing the chain too, especially the stock chain:prof:

Most chains I believe come at 120 links, I use 116 or so for stock gearing on my 07'

Good Luck:ride:

I change to 13/52 and for where I was riding it was a little too low. So instead of putting on the stock 50 I thought that I would try a 14 on front. That way I've got some gearing options. So would a 14/52 fit on a stock chain?

Basically, going down one tooth on the front is like going up 3 teeth on the rear. I actually run 14/50 on my 07 because i ride 50/50 on island roads / trails. I was trying to stretch the lower gears a little. Mavis, what is it exactly that you are trying to do with your gearing?