HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Guest

Rad Braces ?

9 posts in this topic

I run the Works Connection guards.....while I haven't had a chance to test them out in a major get off :) I like them. They reinforce the outside edge to help prevent the crushing of the radiator, and the brace on the back side to resist bending the raditor back. They allow you to keep the plastic vanes which I believe aid to direct air through the radiator and help you run cooler IMHO.

www.thumper-racing.net

These guards wrap COMPLETELY around the radiator, both front and back, with 3, countem' 3!!, frame mounts, I believe. Some while back, these guards won HANDSDOWN in our online discussion. I have purchased a set and am very impressed in the "Structural Rigidity".

That part (structural rigidity) is to make our Mechanical Engineers, like Brian Meadows, creme his shorts. He loves words like STRUCURAL RIGIDITY, ENTHALPY AND ENTROPY. Those words are just TOO COOL! :)

The guards from Thumper are the same as from flatland. The guy at flatland makes them and sells them to thumper and lets them put their name on them. Youre right Kevin, they are definatly the beefiest on the market. And if you want looks and airflow, these braces win those categories by a landslide also.

------------------

Darin from Missouri - 1999 WR 400F

Enduro Heaven

[This message has been edited by milkman2544 (edited 02-05-2001).]

OK, nuke boy - the radioactivity must be taking effect :)

Do a search on my name - Brian Meadows - and find the post titled something like "Moab Jumping Rocks". Those are/were Thumper Racing braces - I straightened it out and am currently using it. I replaced the radiator.

Brian