Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
klxnewguy

Brake light switch for 05 WR450??

12 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I live in AZ and have an 05 WR450 that I am trying to make street legal. Do you know how to tap a hydrolic switch into the rear brake cyliner? Thanks!:thumbsup:

I used the same one on my 05. Works well....... Can you tell us what the Az requirements are for plating?. I've been doing some homework on this and found a few different stories. Regardless, it's still very easy to do in AZ. I'm planning on plating mine in AZ this summer.:eek: I just installed the 06 Speed/Odom meter on my 05 for this reason. AZ doesn't have a turn signal requirement, only headlight, working brake tail light, maybe a horn and maybe a mirror? You must have proof of MC insurance prior to getting the plate.:thumbsup:

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_catalog/Product.jsp?skuId=&store=Main&catId=116&productId=p210369&leafCatId=11607&mmyId=

Replaces the stock banjo bolt in the brake master cylinder. I've used this on my WR-450 and KLX-300 and have never had a problem.

I just bought this exact part.....and I've read the instructions, can you/someone quickly outline how you wired it up.

06WR450. I noticed that the rear brake light has yellow, blue and black wires according to the manual, though i havent pulled the line to verify that. So, from my diagram chart I splice into the BLUE wire for the pressure switch, correct?

Will that only activate that brake light when the brake is applied or will it do a two stage where the brake light gets brighter upon braking?

Sorry is this is ultra noob question.:thumbsup:

CO plating requires;

VIN verification at a bike shop, by the police or a DOW or Forestry office. I got mine at a bike shop adn then bought the little brake pressure switch.

horn, working brake light, headlight, mirror , DOT tires, muffler and reflectors.

Insurance coverage

BoS or Manu title

Then you got to DMV and the nice lady looks at your papers and gives you plate.

See the attached diagram. On the 2007, it goes between the items marked "11" and "12". One side hooks to the Yellow wire on the tail light, one to the Dark Green wire on the bike harness.

2007 Yamaha WR-450FW Wiring Mods -STRIPPED.zip

awesome zip file.

Ok, one last thing then to clarify.

I will splice OVER the connector and attach the switch leads between the yellow line on the tailight and the Dark green line

......leave the tail light dark green attached to the Dark Green via the connector and the Black to black via the connector?

so the tailight loom looks like

G-switch -Y

G - G

B-B

awesome zip file.

I will splice OVER the connector and attach the switch leads between the yellow line on the tailight and the Dark green line

......leave the tail light dark green attached to the Dark Green via the connector and the Black to black via the connector?

G-switch -Y

G - G

B-B

You got it! :thumbsup:

When I went to the MVD to re-register and title the bike I told the lady I would be making it street legal and she gave me the plate and tag then. I have 30 days to insure and I guess the only time the bike would get inspected would be if I got stopped. My understanding is I need a Horn,rear view mirror and brake light. If I ride at night I need a head light and tail light. Thanks for all the feedback and diagrahms.

awesome zip file.

G-switch -Y

G - G

B-B

Ok this brake switch works bad ass and perfectly, I might add.

The colors are a bit different.

its wired as follows for a 2006 WR450.

Blue - Switch - Yellow

Blue - blue

black - black

Ok this brake switch works bad ass and perfectly, I might add.

The colors are a bit different.

its wired as follows for a 2006 WR450.

Blue - Switch - Yellow

Blue - blue

black - black

Another ThumperTalk success story! :thumbsup:

Enjoy your bike! :eek: