HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yz4fun

Head pipe??

9 posts in this topic

I have a dent in my head pipe of my YZ 450.Will it burn a hole where the dent is??I was told it would.:thumbsup:

NO.... Take it off and fill it half way with water and put it in the freezer for about 6 hrs.. Walla new pipe..:thumbsup: Whoever told you that must believe in vampires or werewolves too!!:eek:

Walla
"Voilà", actually.

In the case of larger or sharper dents, it may take two trips through the freezer, but it will do a remarkable job of pushing the dent out.

> Be sure the dent has 2-3 inches of water on either side of it as it stands in the freezer.

> Don't plug the ends.

thanks a million for the quick reply s. cool i don't have to by a new head pipe.:thumbsup:

well the water trick hasn't worked for me. so as long as i wont burn a hole in my head pipe i guess it doesn't matter.any other tricks???

1 end I used a eng block plug , the other I used a air fitting in a make shift chunk of aluminum, a radiator hose and hose clamps , heated with torch till red and applied small amount of air and popped right out ,Did not take much air once it was glowing red.