2006 yz450f fork tube height

I raised my forks up in the triple clamps. I have my forks almost hitting my handelbars. This will help the bike corner but is there any negative effects running the tubes this high up? I never get any headshake at high speed.

You will loose in high speed stability. In whoops section for example. I think rising tubes to the handlebars is too radical. It will probably have more negative effect on the whole rather then positiv. But try it out and let us know how did you feel.

Raising the fork affects "rake", or head angle. Like most aspects of motorcycle steering geometry, head angle has a double-edged effect on steering, and if you improve one thing you have to give up another.

Bikes built for cornering ability have much steeper head angles than MX/Offroad bikes. The R1 has a rake of 24 degrees, for example, and flat track and Speedway bikes are built with head angles ranging to as steep as 21. The reason for this is that a more vertical head angle has a much lower tendency to understeer, or "push" the front end, in corners.

However, MX bikes don't operate in the neatly manicured world of paved or graded surfaces, and have to have the ability to hit obstructions like whoops, holes, bumps, etc., and track straight over them without the front end wanting tuck one way or other on impact. That requires a shallower head angle in the 26.5 - 27.5 degree range.

Pulling the forks up on your YZF by 5mm probably only changes the head angle by 0.1-0.2 degrees, but small changes can be noticed, especially on an '06 and up model. What you would first loose by doing so is a little stability when hitting bumps at an angle, and your bike may show an increased tendency for the front end to "kick" when you hit rocks, etc. It will, however, push the front less.

Raising the fork affects "rake", or head angle. Like most aspects of motorcycle steering geometry, head angle has a double-edged effect on steering, and if you improve one thing you have to give up another.

Bikes built for cornering ability have much steeper head angles than MX/Offroad bikes. The R1 has a rake of 24 degrees, for example, and flat track and Speedway bikes are built with head angles ranging to as steep as 21. The reason for this is that a more vertical head angle has a much lower tendency to understeer, or "push" the front end, in corners.

However, MX bikes don't operate in the neatly manicured world of paved or graded surfaces, and have to have the ability to hit obstructions like whoops, holes, bumps, etc., and track straight over them without the front end wanting tuck one way or other on impact. That requires a shallower head angle in the 26.5 - 27.5 degree range.

Pulling the forks up on your YZF by 5mm probably only changes the head angle by 0.1-0.2 degrees, but small changes can be noticed, especially on an '06 and up model. What you would first loose by doing so is a little stability when hitting bumps at an angle, and your bike may show an increased tendency for the front end to "kick" when you hit rocks, etc. It will, however, push the front less.

Ive been running them that high for quite some time. The bike still makes me feel like it wants to ride right off the track sometimes. I will be getting the e axle and dropping them back down a little bit and see if these things help. I never get headshake.

Get on that tank!