HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
XR650Lroadkill

Seat cover for a L

19 posts in this topic

Anybody know if the XRL seat is the same as other Honda model seats? I want a cool seat cover and really like the FX (Factory Effex) TC-4 seat cover, but they don't offer one for an 07 L. :eek: The only major complaint I have about the L is that everything I want to buy for it, I have to search high an low for it, and it doesn't seem that way for the R. :thumbsup:

Guts seat covers can custom make one for you. Late model 600R's have the same seat as a 650L.

221718261.jpg

Norge, what rear tire is that you are using there?

Kenda DOT K3Y3 tires. Very cheap $80 for a set. Very soft, won't last very long. Rear is ok, front is a bit squirrelly. I bought them to get by NM MVD, Bought bike from CA. Next set I buy will not be these tires.

I'll post pics when I mount that Emig Steering Stabilizer on the 400/USD. Gary is a bit slow on shipping parts.

Not trying to speak for Norge but I believe that is the $69 rack that is always on ebay. I have one and love it. Goes on real easy.

Not trying to speak for Norge but I believe that is the $69 rack that is always on ebay. I have one and love it. Goes on real easy.

Yes, you're right it's from e-bay. I dont have the stock turn signal mounts or stock fender, so I modified that rack with longer/narrower mounts and added turn signal mounts. I then spent another $20 to get it powder coated. I borrowed this design and built a rack for my XR400 also.

I was wondering about that cover too, a buddy and I are about to pull the trigger on one but I'd like to know if these are even worth putting on. :thumbsup:

Anybody know if the XRL seat is the same as other Honda model seats? I want a cool seat cover and really like the FX (Factory Effex) TC-4 seat cover, but they don't offer one for an 07 L. :eek: The only major complaint I have about the L is that everything I want to buy for it, I have to search high an low for it, and it doesn't seem that way for the R. :thumbsup:

CEET makes a gripper cover in black, I have one on my L. It's decent quality, reasonbly priced, but a little too grippy for my tastes.

BP

CEET makes a gripper cover in black, I have one on my L. It's decent quality, reasonbly priced, but a little too grippy for my tastes.

BP

Thanks for the info. I'll probably give it a try.

I was wondering about that cover too, a buddy and I are about to pull the trigger on one but I'd like to know if these are even worth putting on. :thumbsup:

If you like gripper then they are fine. I custom ordered my seat without gripper material and Guts did not charge extra for the Flamer seat cover,

just put the Ebay seat cover on my bike today. While I had the cover off I was able to sand some of the foam off. the seat now is rounded on the sides and lower in the front of the seat so the seat is not as square. After 300 miles the squre seat made me bow legged. My friend that does the same painful 300 miles on his husky smr floss seat sat on my new seat and was like :thumbsup: here is a picture

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=56512

just put the Ebay seat cover on my bike today. While I had the cover off I was able to sand some of the foam off. the seat now is rounded on the sides and lower in the front of the seat so the seat is not as square. After 300 miles the squre seat made me bow legged. My friend that does the same painful 300 miles on his husky smr floss seat sat on my new seat and was like :thumbsup: here is a picture

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=56512

Stepho, can you give us a side view on that?

BP

one more picture. do you need another picture i can take one more tomorow.

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=56529