Newbie Here....gotta question

did you get the 07 for less than i paid for the 06... cause I havnt signed yet... just have it held....

I paid about $200 more for the 07 out the door. Did the guy try to act like he was losing all kinds of money for that price? When I talked to him he made it seem like it was the end of the world to go as low as he was. I think he quoted me about $5550 out the door. By that time I had spoken to and emailed him about a half dozen times and their notrthside dealer came with the lowball price the first time I asked so I just went there to get the 07. You are right though, there was no change except "bold new graphics" between 06 & 07.

I've got the following jets in mine and it seems to run very well:

175 main

68s slow

B53E needle

You'll want to get the opened up carb insulator as well and remove the plugs in the airbox.

I don't have all the p/n's memorized, but they are all here on TT if you do a little searching. If you have trouble finding them, let me know and I'll dig them up. For my exhaust, I just drilled my stock tip to 2" and removed the end baffle that is held on my 4 legs. It's not too loud and makes good power.

As for D/Sing goes, ask them to take the title to the BMV and get it changed to MC for you. The northside dealer did it for me and it worked like a charm. I believe they just ran it through with the other steet bike titles that needed changed to new owners. They even sent me home with a temp plate. You may want to ask about that too.

We are talking about Dreyer Honda right?

BTW, what are you asking for the 600?

Yeah its Dryer honda nice guys but that guy acted like oh man im losing my ass on this deal. I was trying to get them to go to 5k out the door.... ended up getting the bike for like 5000 and then the warranty was like 300 -400 and we ended up where we did tax included. ...So in the end I did pretty good.... man i cant believe what they want for a crf450 nowadays makes you feel like your stealing the 650. I need to call about the title switching that would be cool so i wouldnt have to do it later. I'm gonna try and find the part numbers for the jets and stuff cause he said he would get me employee price on the "uncorking" stuff

I am looking to get 2000 out of the xr600... it needs a few little things on the handlebars freshened but otherwise runs right on and it has the xr's only exhaust on it and a UNI filter... other than that its bone stock that I know of. I just bought it last year... wanted a xr400 originally but they are hard to find. ended up getting the 600 and loved it... figured a new bike would be even greater and seen the 650 while getting the tire put on my wheel for the 600 at dreyer ... hope Im not disapointed. Im kinda worried about overheating and banging up the radiators on trail rides..... I wish i could talk the wife into keeping the 600 for my offroad bike and the 650 for my on road bike.... hmmmmm (evil thoughts)

figured a new bike would be even greater and seen the 650 while getting the tire put on my wheel for the 600 at dreyer ... hope Im not disapointed. Im kinda worried about overheating and banging up the radiators on trail rides..... I wish i could talk the wife into keeping the 600 for my offroad bike and the 650 for my on road bike.... hmmmmm (evil thoughts)

I doubt you'll be disappointed and you will be amazed at how much different it feels after you uncork it. It becomes a completely different bike. And it's all so cheap. If you just mod the stock tip, you can do it all for about $50. Nothing like cheap power! ?

I'll have to call the place in Salem, I'm in Columbus. Kinda off subject and I'm 99% sure I want a XR650R, what are you opinions on the CRF450X as a DS?

Here is the link to the place in Maysville, KY that had the 07 a couple months ago. It looks like it's about 2 1/2 hours from you. If I remember right, I think they quoted me right under $5500 out the door.

http://www.heritagehondaky.com/default.asp

For the 450X, I went through the same thing. I think it mostly boils down to your tolerance for maintenance and the distance you plan to ride on the road. From what I've read the 450X isn't as happy about longer jaunts on the slab and it will require more frequent maintenance in the form of oil changes, valve adjustments and top end rebuilds. Great bikes, just a little more upkeep than the 650R.

Andrews Honda (ohio), had an new 05 R advertised for 2999 the otd was 3414:? , in the cylcetrader (magazine ad) this past week. I called sunday and they said someone has a deposit on it. I don't think they have any more. (at least the 05's) A few weeks ago they had some new 05 L's for the about the same price (of course I missed out on them too).:eek:

I got excited for a minute, I found a 2000 XR650R with DS kit in Athens Ohio for $2400 asking price, I just called and of course it's sold:banghead: I'm getting more and more intrested in get another bike, especialy since gas jumped .20 cents/gallon today $3.45/gallon is bullsh!t and I know some of you are paying more. I'll be spending about $350 dollars a month now!!

I"m so stoked... I got my new bike home tonight... took a couple trips up and down the driveway... mines about 800 feet long and have to admit the bike does seem fast.... although its a bit different the the piped 600r... it does the same speed without all the noise.... I ordered jets and stuff to uncork it... does only the calif model have the smog pump... I see nothing that looks like one and I felt into the airbox and I couldnt feel the restriction just the carb choke plate. Think I'm going to get a white bros e2 slip on... any good or bad reviews on these... havnt gotten it yet kinda wanna go full pipe but lots of $$$ for those.

Oh yeah also got the dealer to order me the baja designs DS kit for 390 bucks and got it financed with the bike and acerbis handguards with the steel in them for like 50 bucks... going to look at the Vapor computers tonight..... anything else to add to the list thats a must have....

1 Oversized front brake rotor.(true two finger control)

2 suspension revalving,and springs.(only for the big bumps)

3 Applied racing top clamp,(to get the bars off your lap)

4 Taller bars (you pick the brand)

5 Ims 3.4 gal tank.(110 mile limit)the natural colored one lets you see how much is really left.

6 Radiator guards.(That's alot of weight when it goes down)

And some roses for the wife.

For when she hears about all this stuff that you "had to have".

I"m so stoked... I got my new bike home tonight... took a couple trips up and down the driveway... mines about 800 feet long and have to admit the bike does seem fast.... although its a bit different the the piped 600r... it does the same speed without all the noise.... I ordered jets and stuff to uncork it... does only the calif model have the smog pump... I see nothing that looks like one and I felt into the airbox and I couldnt feel the restriction just the carb choke plate. Think I'm going to get a white bros e2 slip on... any good or bad reviews on these... havnt gotten it yet kinda wanna go full pipe but lots of $$$ for those.

Oh yeah also got the dealer to order me the baja designs DS kit for 390 bucks and got it financed with the bike and acerbis handguards with the steel in them for like 50 bucks... going to look at the Vapor computers tonight..... anything else to add to the list thats a must have....

Somebody sounds excited. Just wait until you uncork it. :eek:

Your 06 shouldn't have a smog pump here in Indiana. Only the 07's were lucky enough to wear a pump no matter where they were being sold.

As for the airbox plugs, they are in there. Pull the filter out or the seat off and look at where the air comes in...top right corner. One of the rubber plugs has a smaller opening in it and the other plug is right beside it and it completely solid. They both need to come out when the jets go in. I pulled the rear fender pulled them out that way. They have a little glue on them so they are a little tough to pull out, but they will come.

If you want to save some money on a pipe right now, just mod the stock tip. It makes good power and sounds good. Not too loud either.

Congratulations and have fun with the R! ?

Heres the jets and stuff I ordered

Part # 16012-MBN-641

2a)Replace the needle seat from Part # 16012-MBN-641 (B53E)

3) Replace the main jet using part # 99101-357-1750 (#175)

(photo)4) Replace the pilot jet using part # 99105-MBN-0680 (68s)

How do you think this will work with a Uni filter and a White Bros E2 slip on... I think I maybe a little large on the main jet but this was what was on pig pen for a 2000 xrr

Heres the jets and stuff I ordered

Part # 16012-MBN-641

2a)Replace the needle seat from Part # 16012-MBN-641 (B53E)

3) Replace the main jet using part # 99101-357-1750 (#175)

(photo)4) Replace the pilot jet using part # 99105-MBN-0680 (68s)

How do you think this will work with a Uni filter and a White Bros E2 slip on... I think I maybe a little large on the main jet but this was what was on pig pen for a 2000 xrr

Should work great...or at least be a very good starting point. That's the setup that I have with the stock can, but the tip opened up to a 2" exit hole and the rear baffle removed. My bike likes it.

just got back from my first real ride... okay okay so it was just down the country roads. bike is pretty good.. I was expecting shock and awe power after reading the forums compared to my piped 600r.... my 600r will take it easily in current form. That and here comes my biggest complaint about the 650r.... Honda shoulda just put a freaking solid seat on it for all the cushion it gives..... its not that its THAT hard but its narrow and THAT hard..... Jesus my ass hurts from a 20 mile ride... i jumped back on the 600.... and was like *** why couldnt honda put this seat on the 650r.....please tell me they make a softer seat or somebody has figured out a way to put a softer seat on the bike.... this would almost ruin it for a dualsport im my opinion

Uncorked = Shock & Awe

Sore ass = Monkey butt powder ?

For real though...I wouldn't mind a little softer seat myself if I'm gonna rack up a couple hundred miles in one day. If you find anything that works let me know.