HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
1nstr

color on aftermarket tank?

6 posts in this topic

I've got a 650l that has a white aftermarket tank on it. Is there any product that will color the tank that won't bleed from fuel fumes? Sorry if this has already been covered and I missed it. Buz:excuseme:

I saw a post on here recently in which someone used dye to colour their tank black. I think it was a stock YZ tank, so presuming tanks are made from the same plastic, I'd say you could go that way if you can find the post.

^^^^ I know when I was into R/C cars I used Rit dye, as mentioned in the previous thread, to dye plastic pieces. I know it worked well on them and don't know why it wouldn't do the same for a tank.

...after reading the dying technique described in the link above it's got me wondering if a hot (boiling) solution of ether Oxi-Clean or bleach (might be too strong and degrade plastic) might work to remove yellow gas staining on white plastic tanks??? :thumbsup:

:eek:

Hey thanks, that was an awesome post!! Now lets see....side covers and fenders..........buz