HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
djrevz

wr - yz timing specs

9 posts in this topic

useing the yzf450 timing specs and a wiseco piston will this make the bike as reliable or less reliable? also as the wiseco piston helps more with compression would this make it unreliable if kept the wr timing?:thumbsup:

if you use a higher compression piston, the electric start may not work proper, im running yz cams/timing with no problems here though i never changed the piston

i dont like the elec start i wont ever use it lol i find it boring my self the kick start i 1 of the main reasons for the off road style bike, so apart from the problem with a elec start would it be better with a wiseco piston or a standered 1? thanx in advance

A higher compression piston will give you more power but you will need higher octane fuel, if your running 91 now (and you should be) you will probabally need 93 octane then.

i dont like the elec start i wont ever use it lol i find it boring my self the kick start i 1 of the main reasons for the off road style bike, so apart from the problem with a elec start would it be better with a wiseco piston or a standered 1? thanx in advance

I don't get it, why didn't you just buy a YZ instead of a WR then?:thumbsup:

for real excitement you should take you kicker off and bump start your bike every time you ride if you find the estart boring

I'm going to start playing around with the motor on mine after suspension. I've thought about a 13.5/1 piston but who wants to pay anymore for gas than they have to. If I were you, I'd try the YZ cam and a lighter flywheel. Trail Tech makes a -6oz. I'll put one on mine. That should make it feel lighter around half throtle. I can't stand the "tractor-like" power it has. I want it to spin and fell like it comes alive more when I hit the gas. It feels too much like a lawnmover motor even uncorked. I guess thats great in the desert but "PTO" power sucks when you need 2-stroke power.

Here's Trail Tech's website. http://www.trailtech.net/flywheels.html

the reason i want the wr is i will use it all the time when the yz are a fully off road bike and need piston and rings after a certan amount of hours

besides the other reason with not using the elec start means taking it off its a lil wait off the bike every bit of wait helps lol