HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
red7

Will my aftermarket exhaust from my '06 YZ450 fit an '08?

7 posts in this topic

I'm thinking of getting a new bike and absolutely love the MRD pipe on my '06 and wonder if it will fit my '08 or if I'll need to get a new one? Are the stock exhaust systems the same on the '06, '07 and '08?

Thanks,

Dane

Yes, it will fit. It may not be the optimum pipe for the '08, but it should be a big improvement over stock.

Thanks Gray Racer! Just out of curiosity, what's changed and how much difference would there be between mine and a pipe made for the '08? Are we talking noticeable changes or extremely minor?

Thanks!

The '08 cams are a new grind. The earlier 450's all had the same profile, but were timed slightly differently. The '08 pulls a couple more peak HP, but at the same general speed range, so the difference between one pipe and another should be very small.

Since I mangled up my 06 stock exhaust and my buddy has an new 08 stocker just laying around - I assume it will fit my 06 then.

Since I mangled up my 06 stock exhaust and my buddy has an new 08 stocker just laying around - I assume it will fit my 06 then.

If you switch the full system it will.

I wouldnt run it long its a piece of :thumbsup: