HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BASSic

YZ426 Clutch Parts

2 posts in this topic

I want to replace the clutch on my 01 YZ426 with OEM parts, but I can't find what I need.

The microfiche from Yamaha isn't answering my questions. I know I need 8 friction plates and 8 steel plates (#7 and #8 in the drawing), but what about the six springs? Where are they located? Are they represented by #9 in the drawing? Do I need another lock washer (#15)? Is there anything else I need?

I'm hoping someone with experience replacing a 426 clutch can fill me in. I called the TT store, but they told me to just look at the drawing to see what I need.

My extenders at the lever and down by the case are nearly all the way out and my clutch isn't disengaging completely. If I rev the engine while stopped in gear and the clutch pulled in, the bike wants to pull forward a little. I'm planning to take the side cover off tomorrow to see exactly what's going on, but I don't think a replacement clutch would hurt. I bought the bike used with not much riding time on it, but the clutch is 7 years old now.

The springs are #9, and yes, get another washer. You also need a bottom plate, #12.