XR650L best full system pipe

> You can save a little cash by grinding the header welds down on the stock head pipe.

Can anybody please clarify this?

Thanks

take the header off and right where they weld the ring on that mounts to your head there are pretty bulky welds. Just did mine last night as ive never had it off before. Have to take it off again and repaint so maybe ill take a pic

take the header off and right where they weld the ring on that mounts to your head there are pretty bulky welds. Just did mine last night as ive never had it off before. Have to take it off again and repaint so maybe ill take a pic

Please do... could you also share your painting process?

Really interesting. I will mount a FMF slip on in the next week, this is definitely something I will do.

Thanks!

I have a 2000 XR/L with all the mods, a FMF power bomb header with a Big Gun R series slip on and wholly crap, you talk about noticeable increase in horsepower!! Stay the hell away from anything with discs on the end of it!! That idea/ technology is yesteryear! I cant believe people are still selling that garbage! No diss intended, but good god, that technology is 25 years old and was designed by people who didn't have a clue what a computer dyno was because they hadn't been invented yet!! W/2