Timing chain stretch *pic*

Just changed out my timing chain tonight and was surprised at the stretch in the old one...I had never compared them before when changing them. I did not take any measurements but did hang them side by side on a level rod. The pins on top are lined up.

The one on the right is only nine months old.

114_9352.jpg

great comparison! 9 months, but how many hours do you estimate?

Always worth the $20 to replace them when your in there.

Always worth the $20 to replace them when your in there.

Great comparison photo. I previously searched for specific measurement specs but found none.

Where can I get a cam chain for $20?

If you have a 450, they retail for $18. OTOH, the best deal I know about for a chain for a 426 is $31. :confused:

Check out out www.boats.com

I think it was 12.95$ there.

If you have a 450, they retail for $18. OTOH, the best deal I know about for a chain for a 426 is $31. :confused:

Still not a bad deal...I replaced one ina buddy's XR400 and the darn chain was 78 bucks at the TT store!

Hey brother this forum and thread is about YZ's last time I checked they were dirt bikes and have nothing to do with boats. I will keep your site in mind when I need something for the USS Minnow

Come on.....that original page has nothing but BOATS all over the page you linked.

Is a good link by you, just needed some explaining.

Not everyone has the super eagle estonian eyes that you do...

I see now that it is clairafied on the second post. The first post is a dot com the second is a dot net. Thanks the info is very good.

Ahh, my bad with this .com .net