Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Brtp4

Acerbis Handguards....but WHICH MODEL Acerbis Handguards

12 posts in this topic

I am updating the front end on my bike, and want to install some Acerbis handguards. Trouble is, they have so many models I am lost.

I want something with decent protection, but not something ugly. Looking at the multiplo.

Any ideas?

BP

I've got the Rally Pros on my 600R.

I like 'em.

dscf0006rw9.jpg

Those are looking pretty nice. Decent wind protection? Fall DS riding around here gets frickin' cold on the hands with MX gloves.

BP

The main thing is to be sure to get the ones with the aluminum bar in them. Teh ones that are only plastic are weak and break after a few falls.

The have additional pieces that they call "spoilers" that extend from the top. They really help the wind protection.

I like the Moose brand aluminum guards with the "large" handguards. Great wind protection but still with a streamlined look. Every color on the rainbow too - including Honda red. A friend uses them on his dual-sported CRF450X and I can't keep from drooling all over them. Check them out.

Wind protection is VERY important to me but some that offer plenty of it look like $#!+. Not so with the Moose ones.

I like the Moose brand aluminum guards with the "large" handguards. Great wind protection but still with a streamlined look. Every color on the rainbow too - including Honda red. A friend uses them on his dual-sported CRF450X and I can't keep from drooling all over them. Check them out.

Wind protection is VERY important to me but some that offer plenty of it look like $#!+. Not so with the Moose ones.

Thanks Itchy, they look good. But I gotta stick with with Acerbis.

BP

I have the multiplo, other then the name I think they're great. Three spoiler choices, pivoting inner mounts, fits full length levers ok, take crashes well.

My only criticsme would be the fatbar inner clamps didn't exactly match the taper of my Tag bars, but still work fine, meh.

Multiplo it is. They have two sizes, touring is 6.5' in height, enduro is 5'. I ordered one of each from Gnarlyparts, they are one of the last to have them.

For reference, stock L handguards are about 5' in height.

BP

Acerbis is certainly good stuff! Enjoy.

I have Rally Pros on my L and wouldn't recommend them. They have bent each time I've dropped the bike (which is way too often!).

The Moose guards I have on my DRZ seem to be much stronger - but then again, the bike is much lighter.

Maroast,

The headers are Yoshimura stainless.

I bought the full Yosh' stainless system when they had a blow out sale a few months back. I think they discontinued the system and I may have bought one of the last sets though.

Thanks for the compliment.:thumbsup: