What Exhaust systems are you guys running on the 2008 yz450?

I just wanted to get some opinions on pipes. I work at a dealership and can get what i want, but i want to do my research and see what everyone feels is the best. I have my suspension done, my carb mod done with a ScaryFast Wing, and i think the next thing is a pipe. So what will it be?

FMF?

Yosh?

Pro Circuit?

Bills?

Akapovic?

Dr.D?

Two Bros (best $$ I've found)?

White Bros?

Full system or slip on?

I want to know what YOU guys are running and what your opinions are. The Two Bros says it puts in 7.1 hp at 5500 rpms? and %15 added from 2500-3500. Something like that?

How do you guys have your 450's set up?

thanks in Advance.

DJ

I put a white bros aluminum pro 2 on my 07 yz450 and it made a world of differance, revs longer and harder. They are going on clearance now so you might be able to get a really good deal.

I just wanted to get some opinions on pipes. I work at a dealership and can get what i want, but i want to do my research and see what everyone feels is the best. I have my suspension done, my carb mod done with a ScaryFast Wing, and i think the next thing is a pipe. So what will it be?

FMF?

Yosh?

Pro Circuit?

Bills?

Akapovic?

Dr.D?

Two Bros (best $$ I've found)?

White Bros?

Full system or slip on?

I want to know what YOU guys are running and what your opinions are. The Two Bros says it puts in 7.1 hp at 5500 rpms? and %15 added from 2500-3500. Something like that?

How do you guys have your 450's set up?

thanks in Advance.

DJ

I got a pair of pro Circuit Ti-4's for 400 bucks brand new for my 08. I got two because of the price and i figured i'd smash one up at one time...I did.... Anyway, i love the way it performs and the only jetting changes were 162 main/50 leak/2 turns on the mixture screw...everything else stock. I have a friend thats real big on Two brothers stuff...I think its because he gets it free...I have seen him go through a few pipes.....they are terrible in my opinion. I had a dr d on my 06 that i liked a whole lot also....very durable.

I just put a Yoshimura RS-2 full ti system on my 08. It made the bike alot more responsive with more power everwhere. It doesn't really change the power curve, just enhances it. It's still fairly smooth but it does get up and go alot faster than stock. Build quality is excellent.

I put a white bros aluminum pro 2 on my 07 yz450 and it made a world of differance, revs longer and harder. They are going on clearance now so you might be able to get a really good deal.

I have the same on my 08 at the moment. It definitely perked the bike up though I prefer the sound of my son's Dr D. A major disadvantage to the WB header pipe is you have to remove it to pull your oil filter cover. Not brilliant engineering as far as I'm concerned.... --RR

FMF, on my 08 YZF450 and YZ250 2 smoke, they have always done me good!

I put a full ti two brother on my 07 wr450 ($325, couldn't pass it up). I am really impressed with the build and fit of the system. I also like the fact that there are multiple tips for sound and a removable spark arrestor rather than just one quite/spark arrestor insert. The difference it made was huge but it is a slightly different bike than yours. It wasn't the brand I would have originally picked but I have been really impressed so far.

I just put a Yoshimura RS-2 full ti system on my 08. It made the bike alot more responsive with more power everwhere. It doesn't really change the power curve, just enhances it. It's still fairly smooth but it does get up and go alot faster than stock. Build quality is excellent.

rickallen, did u do any changes to jetting with Yoshi? I received Youshi RS2 2 days ago...

No, I'm currently running stock jetting wich needs to be changed as the weather has warmed up quite a bit lately. They told me stock jetting and adjust the fuel screw. I went up one on the main a pilot for the winter and now I need to go back down to 42pj and 160mj. I may play with it a little but I'll try the going back as it's closer to 65 degrees now than the 40 I was riding in the winter. Thursday was the first time I had the pipe on and it made a big difference and I'm sure it'll be better with the correct jetting. So just jet it for your temp and elevation. Your stock jetting is probably different than mine so go by your manual.

i made my ovn twin pipe from used R1 mufflers.

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii250/andyracing_2008/YZ450F%2008/30012008216.jpg

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii250/andyracing_2008/YZ450F%2008/18012008213.jpg

Momentum curve

purple: single without jetting

green: single with jetting

red: twin with jetting

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii250/andyracing_2008/YZ450F%2008/nm.jpg

Horse power curve:

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii250/andyracing_2008/YZ450F%2008/hk.jpg

fmf...full system

No, I'm currently running stock jetting wich needs to be changed as the weather has warmed up quite a bit lately. They told me stock jetting and adjust the fuel screw. I went up one on the main a pilot for the winter and now I need to go back down to 42pj and 160mj. I may play with it a little but I'll try the going back as it's closer to 65 degrees now than the 40 I was riding in the winter. Thursday was the first time I had the pipe on and it made a big difference and I'm sure it'll be better with the correct jetting. So just jet it for your temp and elevation. Your stock jetting is probably different than mine so go by your manual.

Thanks for the reply. Today we have +8 C - for the first time this year - so I will try summer jetting (as it wont go higher than 10 degress here in summer) as you suggest - stock + fiddle with fuel screw. It is sea level here, stock jetting is the same I think -160/45.

Hey guys, I just got my Two Brothers System on today. I didnt really plan on getting it but it showed up at the shop, and i got a STEAL on it, so i threw it on. all i can say is WOW! What an amazing difference. If you want, go check out the 08 hop ups thread to see what else was done and will be done!

DJ

FMF Factory 4.1 and megabomb header on my 2008 yz450f... PERFECT!!!

I'm running a White Brothers XCR Slip-on......Haven't really rode it yet but it was highly recommended by the guys at the dealership.

I would hands down go with Dr. d carbon full system it adds power everywhere and sounds awsome!It also gives you the option of installing the Dr.d radiator lowering kit which fixes the cornering problem and makes the bike feel a few pounds lighter when riding it.This combo is awsome!!

Anyone know if the Dr.D stainless header pipe has the same bend as the titanium pipe? If so, do both allow full access to the oil filter cover?

I'm thinking about swapping my W.B. aluminum pro for the Dr. D but want to be sure it doesn't block access to the oil filter as the W.B. does.

--RR

The current version of the DRD header usually requires loosening the header and pulling up on it to clear the removal of the upper front filter cover bolt.

I am running the Yoshi RS-2 comp complete system on my 08 and I really like it a lot!!!!

I am running the Yoshi RS-2 comp complete system on my 08 and I really like it a lot!!!!

did you do any changes to jetting for this pipe?

i made my ovn twin pipe from used R1 mufflers.

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii250/andyracing_2008/YZ450F%2008/30012008216.jpg

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii250/andyracing_2008/YZ450F%2008/18012008213.jpg

Momentum curve

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii250/andyracing_2008/YZ450F%2008/nm.jpg

Horse power curve:

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii250/andyracing_2008/YZ450F%2008/hk.jpg

:thumbsup: Dude, that is the most awesome bike I have ever seen.:eek:

Do you have any more pics???

Did you glass that air box yourself?? How did you make that rear hub work? Is there a complete cush-drive street hub in there?