Guts racing soft seat foam

Here is my problem, I'm 5'11" with a 31" inseam and have shaved my 02 YZ426 seat down so I can easily touch the ground on difficult terrain. The only problem is that with most of the foam out of the seat my bum takes a beating if I sit down. Now I already stand the majority of the time when possible, but I was wondering if anyone has tried using the Guts racing soft foam and how does it relate to the sitting position, lower etc? How about the tall seat with soft foam, with the foam compression does it allow the seat height back to stock height? I want to be able to plant my feet firmly on the ground if needed.

Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure on the Guts stuff. My wife needed her seat cut down since she is 5'5". She wanted something softer than stock too. I took the seat down to a local automotive trim shop and had them replace the original foam with a memory foam material. Its super soft and they shaped it perfectly. All I had to do was throw a cover on it and pay the $70 bill for the modification.

Something to think about.

Here is a picture of the seat once it was done.

yz290f014.jpg

I'm not sure on the Guts stuff. My wife needed her seat cut down since she is 5'5". She wanted something softer than stock too. I took the seat down to a local automotive trim shop and had them replace the original foam with a memory foam material. Its super soft and they shaped it perfectly. All I had to do was throw a cover on it and pay the $70 bill for the modification.

Something to think about.

Here is a picture of the seat once it was done.

yz290f014.jpg

That seat makes me want to put my hand on it to see it it retains the shape of my hand...lol I need a softer seat too maybe I'll make some phone calls?

I have installed the Guts Tall / Soft and also their cover . Nice product . Excellent fit and finish . Noticeable improvement . If I had to do it over again though , I'd go with an upholstery shop and opt for an even softer foam . A thin memory foam sounds like it would feel great over my tall foam .

i took my seat to a friend of mine who owns an upholstery shop, i had a shaved seat on mine and he took out 1 more inch of the hard foam and put in 2 inches of a "car" type foam in it and it is great.... i am 5'6" and can actually touch on the balls of both feet on this setup and can actually sit on it.

check my garage and look at the pix with the white tank.

you can buy memory foam pillows, i doubt they are to expensive. just take the cover off your seat, glue the foam to it, and using a knife or saw or watever you find works best, shave the foam to the desired height and shape then recover.

I'm 6'4" and run a tall Guts seat with soft foam and there competition seat cover. When I first ordered it I was reluctant to get the soft foam because I thought it would compress to much and you would give up some height. That's not the case. The soft seat foam is just a little softer than stock.