Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FASTANDLOWAVENGER

Best Air Filter For A 95 Xr600r

9 posts in this topic

I like Moose filters. The sealing ring is nice and they have proved very durable for me. But I'm not sure if you can get one for the 600.

If not, I always had good luck with Uni Filters on my XR's.

What's wrong with K&N? He is in NY so his riding area can;t be near as dusty as Cali.

What's wrong with K&N? He is in NY so his riding area can;t be near as dusty as Cali.

I personally have limited faith in KK&N filters' ability to do two very important things.

1.Effectively stop and retain fine particulate matter through its filter media.

2.Effectively create a positive seal on its sealing surface.

what Is The Best For Prob 75% Dirt & 25% Street.

He says he'll be riding 75% off road. That's the reason for sharing my subjective opinion.

I'm not knocking anyone who uses K&N. More power to you if you're happy with it, I just never recommend their air filters for off road use.

I personally have limited faith in KK&N filters' ability to do two very important things.

1.Effectively stop and retain fine particulate matter through its filter media.

2.Effectively create a positive seal on its sealing surface.

He says he'll be riding 75% off road. That's the reason for sharing my subjective opinion.

I'm not knocking anyone who uses K&N. More power to you if you're happy with it, I just never recommend their air filters for off road use.

+1...

I would never put a K&n On a dirt use bike. Road riding, ok. Even then, after awhile you will see a fine layer of dust build up on the inner walls of the intake.

I heard back in the day Scott Summers would run K&N's because no matter how dirty they were they would always allow some air threw them and obvioulsy some dirt as well. All that mattered to him was to finish/win the race. They would just rebuild the bike after the race. K&N's are good for the street but for the dirt there :thumbsup: