HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dishenpole

wr 400 shavings in oil filter

10 posts in this topic

Hi everyone new to this site and looking for info. Looking at getting a 2000 wr 400.There is metal shavings in the oil filter ,is this normal.He said it has done this since new.Any bad reveiws.Hows starting the bike.thanks.

I don't have an answer for you, but you are smart for not taking his word for it and posting the question here.

Every YZ/WR 400 I've ever seen produces shavings...been inside two of them and never have seen the source

Okay thanks for the replies.I think i will try to find out more.I did not think this was normal for a bike that was 8 years old? Thanks

It wasnt for me.

4th gear showed signs of use, check the .chewed gears. topic.

It is not necessary your case, could just be normal use if pieces are small and alike.

I have a 2000 as well, they must have left out the shave injection on mine since I've never seen them.

Yours is a first.

I have never seen one that dosn't produce shavings. Totaly normal.

Get a magnetic drain plug.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=444630

My 99 always had shavings. I don't know where the endless supply comes from, but none none of the internal components seemed to get any smaller, and the shavings never seemed to cause any damage.