HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dazzabb

Better (faster) steering

4 posts in this topic

I'm on an improvement drive with the old battlebus WR450 '05.

Currently getting the suspension re-valved, bars raised and gonna plump for lower pegs. Then possibly higher bean bars, all of which should help.

But I want to improve the speed and accuracy of turning.

I have alrady dropped the forks in the standard clamps as far as I dare, other wise it gets a bit scary at high speed. Rear end is set nicely. I dont have a steering damper.

I'm running Bridgestone 401/402's at 15psi.

Question:

Will the Applied racing or other funky triple clamps make the bike turn faster / more accuartely or is it just bling? I have my doubts.

I looked at ever triple clamp I could find on the internet and I can't find one for the 05 that has a offset. One place has one for $500 that says it fits an 06+ and one for the 03/04 but none for the 05.

I have a set of applied 22 mm tripples for a yz on my 07 wr and it turns much sharper then it used to so much that I have to move the voltage regulator because the fork would hit it. It required a few mods to make them fit