RESOLVED: New WR450 and screwed by dealer, I think.

Tommy, If all else fails and you have to suck it up, then get INSURANCE, with a gap protection for the full value of the loan, that way IF the bikes gets stolen you"ll be all Good and covered

TT

Great idea!!!!! Get insurance with GAP protection for the full loan amount, leave the bike in plain view on a bad side of town, and let nature take its course....:thumbsup::eek::D

You can file a formal complaint to Yamaha and them know how one of there dealers dupped you good. Most likly you wont get any cash back but the dealership could loose there Yamaha endorsment. The longer you wait the harder it will be to get done and follow up every day untill every operator knows the sound of your voice. Also contact the local better buisness buirro and file a formal complaint against the dealership sighting the fact that they took full advantage of your Lack of Knowlage on a large ticket item. You are over 18 and signed a formal contract that spelled it out so you are leagaly bound unless you can prove that they misslead you or coherced you into the sale.

Tommy,

How about a little gas for your new ride!!! :thumbsup:

Ok, I've been to the Coyote dealership web site and the e-mail goes right to the sales department sooo keep us all posted on what happens and when you say go we can all send an e-mail to the sales team about our concerns and there business practices. Print out the ThumperTalk thread forward it to Yamaha of North America, The Coyote Ownership and anyone else who may have some pull. We are on your side, and power is in numbers my friend. Whatever you end up doing KEEP YOUR COOL stay calm and explain yourself in a professional manner. Getting all up in there face and pounding on the counter will only get you kicked out...Good Luck

Could be worse. They could have hosed you and sent you home with a TTR 230. :thumbsup:

thats crazy, I just gave 5700 for my new 07 crf 450 OTD.

Sorry to hear that dealer screwed you good, with no lube.........I did think the cactus comment was funny though..........I paid just around 7k for my '08 WR 450 I bought in december of 07.....no payments or interest for a year....the KEY is to pay it off within that year or the interest is applied.....no problem on that.........so I will have a NEW bike paid off before it is a year old:applause: :thumbsup: ........and I got the extended warrenty also.......you will love the bike.........I did all the mods listed on this sight and it made a HUGE difference..................enjoy

Could be worse. They could have hosed you and sent you home with a TTR 230. :thumbsup:

That is F'ing hilarious.

Sorry for the delay was in a class all day today... THANKS for your support and advice. To be clear I am old enough to know better, but obviously still to immature to be legally signing my name. (I think my age is in my profile, but I am 28)

I am WAY past the 72 hour deal, but I don't think it would apply since I pursued the purchase. I totally know better than this. They let me ride it, then my stupidity took over.

I have already ridden the bike over 250 miles, and I love it. I just scheduled my first maintenance. If I can somehow cancel the maintenance agreement it will be $225 and from there, I will take care of the maintenance my self. Else, I will follow the advice posted to try to keep everything valid. I have already turned the header blue all the way back to the pipe, so its not like I haven't been riding.

My dad doesn't approve of buying anything on credit, but I am apparently too stupid to follow his advice. I went in there to basically try to figure out what the difference was between a TTR-230 and a WR250 (the two bikes I was looking at). That is where the trouble started. I should have not been anywhere near a dealership. I definitely shouldn't have test rode EITHER bike, because I had no intention of purchasing it that day. I could almost afford a TTR-230 with my tax refund, and that why I was even looking in the first place.

RE: financing, I understand that its sortof a raw deal. its 8.99% for the first 2 years then 12.99% thereafter. Its a revolving credit account, so its not a normal loan. I will probably re-fi it through my credit union if I get a chance, but I obviously need to get the maintenance contract and extended warranty removed to get the price anywhere NEAR low enough. I have also been saving for it, and with the tax refund and the money I have been saving, I would have been able to pay it off before the cactus treatment (LOL btw).

I am going down there on Thursday morning, and will take a print-out of this thread and my sales docs down and see what I can do. I might even try calling the guy, but I prefer to deal in person when I am begging :-/

Tommy

Also, for what its worth, I asked the service guy what would justify $500 for setup when that basically entailed putting the front wheel on, and he claimed it was jetted/tuned for this altitude (5000+ ft) ... and it runs GOOD, so maybe they did do something, still probably not $455 worth, but whatever.

I am going to go after the $200 "delivery" fee and attempt to cancel the other "services"

Tommy

You need to refinance the loan before the rate re-sets. Capital One refinances motorcycle loans and it can be done over the computer. They will send you a check for the payoff within 10 days. Pain free(especially after what the dealer did to you) You will save up to 10% on your rate.

Tommy,

How about a little gas for your new ride!!! :thumbsup:

Were you misled or cohersed into signing that contract...thats your only way out now and you'll need a Lawyer. A decent one will make this stick in your situation regardless and at least provoke a reaction. Sounds like your gonna suck it up though and make it work...all I have to say is ride it like they stole it from you..

You need to refinance the loan before the rate re-sets. Capital One refinances motorcycle loans and it can be done over the computer. They will send you a check for the payoff within 10 days. Pain free(especially after what the dealer did to you) You will save up to 10% on your rate.

... er, right, that sounds like an advertisement :thumbsup: .. 8.99 is the promotional rate and 12.99 is the rate after 2 years, if they can give me 2.99% I would be quite happy, but I am guessing they will balk at giving me a $10000 loan for a $6000 motorcycle :eek:

Were you misled or cohersed into signing that contract...thats your only way out now and you'll need a Lawyer. A decent one will make this stick in your situation regardless and at least provoke a reaction. Sounds like your gonna suck it up though and make it work...all I have to say is ride it like they stole it from you..

Yes, the bastards let me ride it (WR450) then sat me down in front of the finance guy :D ..... no there were no sneaky or underhanded deals here, just me being stupid. I like the prepaid maintenance on my truck, I figured it would be good for the bike too, maybe it is, maybe it isnt?

Tommy

True story. In many dealerships the F&I guy makes more money than anybody other than the owner.

There's a reason for this. You have learned it. You may still be able to dump the maintenance contract but the rest might be extremely difficult. Refi before the rate resets and enjoy your ride. Worrying or being upset at this point will do you no good.

You have a good bike. :thumbsup:

Straight from the Coyotemotorsports.com website:

Awesome Finance Specials!!!!!!!! Choose From as low as 0% Interest Rate, and Reduced Payment's on all Yamaha products!!!!!

I guess the finance guy forgot to tell Tommy about the finance specials:excuseme:

This is really pissing me off. I hate to see anyone taken advantage of, especially a fellow WR rider.

If I lived closer I would pay visit to that stealership and share my thoughts.

Tommy, if you don't get any cooperation at the dealership, I think a quick call to a TV investigative reporter would be worth the time.

At least you got one of the best bikes on the market out of the deal.

Keep us posted.

Props to you Tommy for at least showing a sense of personal responsibilty for this debacle, that's rare in this day and age. Like others have said, you've at least got a very good bike and I'd chalk this up as a tough lesson learned.

COYOTE Motorsprts :thumbsup: shoulda known from the dealers name that they were gonna feed you to the dogs:excuseme: Will be sure and remember this name in the future.

i wont do it yet, but would we be out of line if someone in this thread saved the pages to their desktop & emailed it to cyote so they can see how many people are aware of their underhandedness????

Unfortunately I know others who have been screwed on these deals. A buddy of mine (not the smartest) bought an '05 Raptor 350 and YFZ450. He's making the $89 payments fine. It'll be 2 years here shortly, we'll see what happens. I wonder if he'll have to sell his Harley too. This kid is 20, drives tractor trailer, and thinks that its great they don't take taxes out of his paycheck. I really want to see the look on his face when he thinks he's gonna get a tax refund and realizes that he owes a crap load of money he doesn't have! He won't listen to anyone either! The promotional offers really screw some people over, like in your case, but at least you are a bit smarter then my buddy, and realize this so you can try to minimize your losses. Good luck, and nice bike!