More bad luck for me.....

I just got the GYTR exhaust in the mail from a guy on Ebay. he told me it was a titanium pipe and that it needed a different head pipe. He included part numbers that confirmed this. When I got the pipe in the mail I opened it and it says right on the instructions 2006 yz250fv. I ride a 450f this is the part number

GYT-5xc93-01-xx

I was under the assumption this was muffler

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/accessories/acscitemdetail/5/348/1218/5375/all/1/6560/0/detail.aspx

I ordered the head pipe and it obviosly does not fit. I does however bolt right on to my stock head pipe. I think I got misled but most importantly is the pipe I got much different than the one in the link above?

To add to my pain and sufering the muffler had a big dent in the side of the can. Help me shed some light and tell me if the muffler I have is ok or not. I mean it bolted on to the stock head pipe and all but now I have a head pipe i cant use.

I think this is the pipe he sold me because it has the spark arrestor screen and its really quiet. The only problem is the part numbers are different.

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/accessories/acscitemdetail/5/12/7/2289/all/1/6587/0/detail.aspx

Wow, this realy sucks. One of the reasons I dont use ebay. Hope it works out for ya.

well for starters, I would put a hold on the paypal funds(if you used paypal) and open a claim! Selling something misleading like that is against ebay rules and if he did indeed sell you a different item then he had listed then you WILL receive a full refund, and get the pipe you needed. As far as issues buying stuff off of ebay, I have never personally had an unresolved issue and most people are honest.

the reason it doesnt fit is because it is for a 250f and the engine sits at a little different angle than the 450f, the muffler you got and the one you were expecting are two different things, iam not sure what you paid and weather or not a 250 muffler will be tuned correctly for a 450f but it sounds like you got screwed, I would ask for my dough back in the method I explained earlier or try and sell it myself. Good luck!

Here is a link to the exhaust I thought I was getting. Its totally different than what he sent me.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110214992512

The muffler he sent me did bolt right on to the stock head pipe on my 450f but it says 250f on the instructions. Its a slip on spark arrestor type muffler and its definitely different than the one i linked above.

yeah theres no doubt that they are two different exhausts! Have you contacted the seller? Did you use paypal? I wouldn't use it and definitley get my cash back.

yeah theres no doubt that they are two different exhausts! Have you contacted the seller? Did you use paypal? I wouldn't use it and definitley get my cash back.

I did use Pay Pal but he already got the $$.

I put the muffler on my bike too. I didn't notice things were messed up till after it was on.

it doesnt matter if he already got the money! You can make a claim up to something like 90 days after the end of auction and if he doesnt refund you paypal looks into it and they'll take the money straight out of his checking account. I had the same thing happen to me a guy sold me a titanium powerbomb with a ti muffler, I didn't need the header so I resold it. It wasnt till I went to ship it that I realized he had sent me a stainless header. This was two months after receiving it! Made a claim, got a refund.

it doesnt matter if he already got the money! You can make a claim up to something like 90 days after the end of auction and if he doesnt refund you paypal looks into it and they'll take the money straight out of his checking account. I had the same thing happen to me a guy sold me a titanium powerbomb with a ti muffler, I didn't need the header so I resold it. It wasnt till I went to ship it that I realized he had sent me a stainless header. This was two months after receiving it! Made a claim, got a refund.

Sweet

First email the seller and notify him of the problem. It might be an actual mistake and he might fix it himself. If he does not do anything then go to paypal and file a complaint. I don't think it is fair to go straight to paypal without contacting the seller first. It could have been a real mistake and he might refund your money or send you the right one.

First email the seller and notify him of the problem. It might be an actual mistake and he might fix it himself. If he does not do anything then go to paypal and file a complaint. I don't think it is fair to go straight to paypal without contacting the seller first. It could have been a real mistake and he might refund your money or send you the right one.

this is the correct way to handle it - then file complaint also with Ebay to add to sellers position

Geez this has been a bad week for you......suspension then this:cry:

the benefit to going straight through paypal is that they document all of your messages and its easier for the seller also because the buyers can't blackmail using feedback threats, going about it this way is simpler for both parties and if it is an honest mistake there won't being any negative for the seller. This way just makes it so that if he offers you a refund you get it!

I just realized I bought this outside of Ebay but I did use Pay Pal. This is the second day he has not responded to my emails. Am I screwed if I didnt use Ebay or is it ok if i used Pay Pal.

I did however find the original Ebay listing and you can see here in the instructions it clearly says yz450f and its a different part number. The problem is the pipe looks just like the one he sent me minus the dent in the can. The pipe he sent me fits my bike so im thinking possibly the instructions got mixed up. Are you guys sure there is no way a 250f pipe will fit on a 450f? If thats the case then I got a 450f muffler with the wrong instructions. If it will fit then im sure this is for a 250f. I wish I had a way to look up my part number vs the part number on that Ebay listing. Nothing comes up for me. Can anyone else find these part numbers?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110225040485&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123

I think you can still open a dispute with paypal

Thanks for the links. I found both pipes on those pages. Now here is the question that no one has been able to answer. The pipe I received bolted onto the stock head pipe. Would it have fit if it was a 250f pipe and if so will using a 250f pipe decrease performance at all. It seems to be no different than the stock muffler at all in terms of pipe diameter and size so I am hoping its a 450f muffler.

I see the seller is in So Cal. If he wont fix the problem, post his address. One of us can stop by

Not 100% certain, but what I think that you'll find is that the 250F header (which will not fit your bike) is the same outlet diameter as the '06 450, and that since the header outlet and muffler mounts are in the same spots on the two bikes, the mufflers will be physically interchangeable.

What you will also most likely find is that the 250F pipe is overall shorter, which makes the pipe more of a top end pipe if you keep the header diameter the same. So, what you might find is that the use of a 250F pipe would reduce low end performance some, or quite a bit, and the engine may or may not be able to rev high enough to take advantage of the "improved" top end.

exactly what I was thinking! Maybe go to the local dealer and see if they have a gytr 450 pipe you can compare it to

Just look for the welded bead all the way around the muffler canister near the first 1/3 of the total length. That will tell you if it's for the YZ450F. Also the YZ450F GYTR muffler P/N GYT-2S293-01-TT has the pipe diameter stepped up at the forward end and can't be used with the stock head pipe. You will need to buy head pipe P/N GYT-2S293-50-10 to make it work.

Yamaha GYTR Titanium Exhaust Muffler YZ450F - NEW !!

GYT-2S293-01-TT Fits '06

d171_12.JPG

06-08 YZ450F GYTR Replacement Muffler, Titanium/Aluminum

***(Does not fit stock head pipe)***

P/N GYT-2S293-01-TT

gyt-2s293-70-tt-ou-500.jpg

06 YZ250F GYTR Titanium/Aluminum Oval Muffler

P/N GYT-5XC93-01-TT

gyt-5xc93-01-tt-500.jpg