How many of you have plates on your WR?

By a fluke and twist of circumstances I was able to get my WR450 insured here in BC and what an absolute blast this thing is to ride in the city!

Every November I pull the plates of the Harley and ride the WR each nice day we get here in Vancouver until April. I can't get over what great fun it is to honk around town on this thumper! ?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Colorado I had to put the brake light kit and change the headlight to plate.

In Oregon I had to put some funky sport bike turn signals to it and a toggle switch to make them work.

Two states, two plates, same bike, different mods. Stopped by the Po-Po:busted: = zero.

Got one with a plate in Michigan, rode all last year with just a tailight (No Brakelight) a mirror and the headlight, had a cop follow me twice, used my hand signals and never got pulled over, even without a brakelight! ?

working on getting my 05 plated in AZ soon. I'm installing an 06 speed/odemeter on it this week and then make the trip to AZ for a plate soon. I called, all you need is a mc endorsement on my CDL and AZ insurance. DONE!

I am actually in the process of getting mine plated as well, but it is expencive. i also live in California.

how are you going to do that?

Ive done a ton of research and unless it meets CARB emmissions standards you can no longer reg it. The bike now has to have a CARB sticker from factory to reg in CA..The cut off was in 2004 to not have to meet the standards.

If you know something I dont please let me know as I am trying to do the same thing.

Best thing I can figure to do is reg out of state like Colorado or Arizona..

Or buy a KTM exc-r which is Carb leagal..?

here is a quote from another thread on the california street leagal question.

We both know That is way illegal (so do the guys at that shop off katella..)

The CHP took over as of the first of this year. You cannot fool them. The DMV will give you the plate because that dealership is fooling them, But the CHP is rerunning Vin's and the VIN wont lie ... It says MC (plated) or Off road non plated. the 10th number in the vin is the year. the 8th number is MC, red or green sticker. You might get a plate for a minute but you will be notified by mail that your bike is now RED until you sell it and the new owner can get it green again. Also KTM has the highest tolerance's for parts than any dirtbike manufacturer on par with Ducati. there is no comparison with its lesser Jap siblings.

3bros KTM of Orange County is selling 450,s 530,s for 500. off msrp No crazy fees tax and 110. to LEGALLY GET YOUR PLATE. Don't be fooled by shady dealerships.

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=612225