HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kodiak7

07 Wr450 Coolant Overflow

7 posts in this topic

I Took Off My Overflow Tank And Just Ran A Hose From The Radiator Cap Down The Frame, Will This Work Ok? I Dont See Why Not, Thats Exactly How The Yz Is Done, Does Anybody Have Any Ideas? It Should Be Fine Right?

Should work just fine--- if you want to boil all of the antifreeze out of your radiator in tight trail riding situations and then seize your motor.

I would keep the overflow on unless all you ride is fire roads and MX.

i did this on my 99 and it always leaks the fluid out... i ride all dunes on it too so its never going slow.

i had a 03 yz450 and when i was in the tight trails it boiled over like clock work... nothing like gettin a face full of hot steamy anti-freeze on a steep rocky hill to make u fall down and yack... trust me it WILL ruin ur day

The other thing about doing that is: it is an EPA violation or some BS like that and you could get fined and your green sticker taken and changed to a red sticker.

obviously its not a problem, the yz 450s have the same psi radiator cap, same radiator, everything, and they work fine without a tank, it has nothing to do with how fast it will 'boil over' ! :thumbsup: