Any reason to NOT powder coat 426 frame?

Hey guys, I have an 01 426 that I love. I live in CA and need the green sticker and I ride the track as well so it works out. I think it's time to get her all cleaned up so I'm either going to have the frame re-painted or powder coated. Is there any reason to NOT powder coat the frame with the oil etc.. going through the frame? Has anyone done this before? Does it last longer than paint?? Let me know, thanks!?

Thats good info, thanks. What about heat, will it make the oil heat up any more or less than the paint? What about chipping, is it a stronger material that won't chip as much maybe? I'm also thinking about hitting the swing arm so any info would be a great help, thanks!!

My frame was powder coated several years ago and looks good still. The only problem was I bought an extra dip stick to plug the hole, and it leaked during the heat process and small amount of oil bubbled out and ruined the powder coat, they had to sand blast again and redo it, it was very hard to sand blast the powder coat, but they took care of everything. Heres the only pic I have on photobucket, but you can see that the frame gets a little scuffed from my boots but thats it, there are some scratches under the engine of course. This is an '00 426. Mike

CanoeRaceandMotorcycles017.jpg

Make sure you have drawings and notes written so the DO NOT!!! paint or sandblast inside the oil tankand headtube. Tell them to plug every thread, and hole and make sure you don't have any bolts left in the frame because the paint and heating processes will leave it pretty much locked in.

I say do it. I had mine powdercoated and it turned out awesome. They did a good job of plugging all the holes (definitely make sure that gets taken care of too).

Even so, I set up a small in line pump with an inline fuel filter set up to circulate diesel through my oil tank before I used it. Didn't wanna take any chances.