HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fredodido1

fork brace kit, XR650L, 2008

12 posts in this topic

hello happy xr trippers.

just got myself a 08 L, and i was tinking for my last mod. to put a brace kit on the fork.

here are my questions.

- do i have to remove the fork to install it, if i do is it a pain.

- do i need to use the wet suit tipe protection ( i ve seen some with the accodeon plastic protector all sqeezed in.. did not look to good )

- will i see a difference, im a moderate to hard rider, ride most on fire roads, trails and roads at a average of 65 to 70 mph and i m 185 pounds.

tank you so very much for your help.

fredo

hello happy xr trippers.

just got myself a 08 L, and i was tinking for my last mod. to put a brace kit on the fork.

here are my questions.

- do i have to remove the fork to install it, if i do is it a pain.

- do i need to use the wet suit tipe protection ( i ve seen some with the accodeon plastic protector all sqeezed in.. did not look to good )

- will i see a difference, im a moderate to hard rider, ride most on fire roads, trails and roads at a average of 65 to 70 mph and i m 185 pounds.

tank you so very much for your help.

fredo

No, dont take the forks off. Its a very easy install. The tube clamps bolt together. There are some foam type fork boots that wont become misshaped like the stock boots.

ive seen the RSW on style that he sells on his website and ebay that are a little cheaper but the SRC fork brace kit as a bit more but definitely more trick looking.

heres the SRC on XRs only http://www.xrsonly.com/content/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=178&category_id=149&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=77

SRC website kit http://secure.srcinc.net/forkbrace.cfm

RSW kit http://www.rswracing.com/xr650l.htm

I have the RSW. It looks good, and really helped with that "Front wheel mounted between 2 spaghetti noodles" feel.

DSCN2316.jpg

Took about 10 minutes to mount. Precision fit & works great:thumbsup:

Now you just need a new XR400 front fender to git rid of the droop!

100_8402.jpg

100_8400.jpg

Now you just need a new XR400 front fender to git rid of the droop!

At 67 you learn to live with a little droop:excuseme:

DSCN2317.jpg

sorry my stupidity or my lack of speeking english, but what you guys meen by the droop, what will this xr400 fender will do best?

and thanks for the pics, nice rides.

The XR400 fender just looks a little better IMO. The stock 650L fender droops in front and likes to flap around a little. Look at the difference between mine and wrtoms.

Tom, thats a great looking L, I'm not baggin' on you at all!:smirk: