Lets see some Off-Road YZ's

heres my 02' 426

426_1.jpg

nice 426 very clean

Cool YZ. But what makes that an offroad YZ?

hmmmm - let me tink..... abrasive plastic, basic decals and no small stickers? (probably all taken off and polished off by grass and bush......)

Rock solid handlebar protection? Large-ish tank (or may be its just 426...) :excuseme:

Anyway BLUEDUDE - camcover breather mod should silence your crtitics - as well as a skid plate :excuseme:

Anyway - perfect looking workhorse trail bike (I am sure mine will look like that down one month trailraiding after brand new:) ) :confused:

This is mine, great for both MX and Woods, so far it has:

Pro circuit T4 exhaust system, JD jetting kit, Pro Taper EVO Handlebar, 9oz. GYTR Flywheel, Pivoting Levers, Engine Plugs, GYTR Brake line guide, Works Connection skid plate, Works Connection rear brake and caliper guard, Decalmx backgrounds, Works Connection aluminium throttle tube, Renthal kevlar grips, Works Connection radiator cages, Scotts steering stabilizer and O-ring Chain.

IMG_97732.jpg

DSC03737.jpg

IMG_99792.jpg

Z1.jpg

did he just ask that?? :confused::excuseme:

8-12007Large.jpg

8-12002Large.jpg

8-12004Large.jpg

Pro circuit T4 exhaust system, JD jetting kit, Pro Taper EVO Handlebar, 9oz. GYTR Flywheel, Pivoting Levers, Engine Plugs, GYTR Brake line guide, Works Connection skid plate, Works Connection rear brake and caliper guard, Decalmx backgrounds, Works Connection aluminium throttle tube, Renthal kevlar grips, Works Connection radiator cages, Scotts steering stabilizer and O-ring Chain.

IMG_97732.jpg

DSC03737.jpg

IMG_99792.jpg

Z1.jpg

Is that Scotts damper post mount on the steering head the 08 version? I didnt know they were available to purchase yet? or is it a modded 06-07 version?

I have been patiently waiting for them to become available so that I can put one on my 08...

Oh, and NICE bike!!!

IMG_97732.jpg

DSC03737.jpg

IMG_99792.jpg

Z1.jpg

man, what do you do for a living in colombia to afford that bike? not trying to offend you, but the "average" colombian can't dream of a bike like that. just a little curious.

Is that Scotts damper post mount on the steering head the 08 version? I didnt know they were available to purchase yet? or is it a modded 06-07 version?

I have been patiently waiting for them to become available so that I can put one on my 08...

Oh, and NICE bike!!!

Yes, the steering stabilizer is a 07 version, It works just fine, the only thing I had to do is to use a larger bolt to hold the bracket to the frame and you're good to go, the 08 frame is a little wider than the 07 but is not a problem.

man, what do you do for a living in colombia to afford that bike? not trying to offend you, but the "average" colombian can't dream of a bike like that. just a little curious.

No offense taken, just work hard and thankfully after many years I was able to afford a brand new bike like this one, I use to ride for many years an XR400 and even a DR350. Online shopping is helping a lot as well.

Cheers

GEDC0230.jpg

GEDC0229.jpg

98 YZ 250, 1978 YZ400 and my Favorite the 2006 YZ 450F.:excuseme:

Copy_of_DSC04752.JPG

hmmmm - let me tink..... abrasive plastic, basic decals and no small stickers? (probably all taken off and polished off by grass and bush......)

Rock solid handlebar protection? Large-ish tank (or may be its just 426...) :p

did he just ask that?? :excuseme::sweden:

Yeah... I did just ask that.:crazy::confused:

Look at the title of the thread. It says, "Let's see some Off-Road YZ's." The key word is off-road if you are a little slow.

Now look at the link of the dudes 2006 YZ450F. What makes that off-road? To me it looks like a bone stock motocross bike.

Yes, the steering stabilizer is a 07 version, It works just fine, the only thing I had to do is to use a larger bolt to hold the bracket to the frame and you're good to go, the 08 frame is a little wider than the 07 but is not a problem.

OK, thanks for the reply.

I guess I am going to have to order an 07 set up for my bike then.

Yeah... I did just ask that.:excuseme::confused:

Look at the title of the thread. It says, "Let's see some Off-Road YZ's." The key word is off-road if you are a little slow.

If you have a complaint, use the "Report Post" button, please, and leave the task of policing content to those to whom the job is actually assigned. Otherwise, please just ignore the things that annoy you.

Thanks,

not as nice as some of the bikes on here, heres my 426 (I still think shes sexy)

my426.jpg

Here's mine updated and ready for the weekend - last time it'll ever be this clean :prof:

08-YZ450.jpg

Here's mine updated and ready for the weekend - last time it'll ever be this clean :prof:

What skid plate is that? I need one for spring trail riding.

DSCN0456.jpg

What skid plate is that? I need one for spring trail riding.

Its the GYT-R Enduro plate - fits well and stops a fair amount of the clay entering the front of the frame too - main reason I chose this one