Tweaked Sub frame

Check out my bike for the first time since I wrecked it. I posted that I had bent radiators, but closer look and the subframe is bent! Sucks:foul: What should I do? Buy new Yamaha one or go with arc. I thinks it's arc?:smirk: Suggestions? Thanks Wes

Depends on how badly you tweaked it. Quite a few folks have simply straigtened theirs out using a 2x4 or similar. I ended up buying a replacement from Yamaha for my YZ426 at considerable cost, In hindsight, I should have simply try to straighten it myself (it wasn't that bad). The 'tweaked' sub did find a good home - some guy who'd wrecked his beyond repair and didn't have the funds to buy a replacement.

I say check it to see if the "tweak" causes a vulnerability issue and if not, just bend it back.

You might also look on e-bay for a good used one...

Unless its trashed, just straighten that sucker out..its pretty common..

Depending on how bad it is tweaked, you may be able to bend it back as previously mentioned. Or, you can take it to a decent weld shop and have them straighten it if you don't want to try.

Wes they are easy to rebend with a pipe or crowbar - depending how bad it is tweaked - take a rear shot pic and I can tell you

Check out my bike for the first time since I wrecked it. I posted that I had bent radiators, but closer look and the subframe is bent! Sucks:foul: What should I do? Buy new Yamaha one or go with arc. I thinks it's arc?:smirk: Suggestions? Thanks Wes

Hey there Wes!!!! You have a connection there at a dealer dont you???? Get the stock oem replacement. The aftermarket subframes are cheap. I have had personally bad experiences with those aftermarket subframes with fitment and the welding....they do come polished though. I think when i went to replace the subframe on my 06 the difference in price was about 60.00 between oem and the aftermarket. The aftermarket one was 150 and the oem 210. I would try bending it back and if that fails, get an oem. I still have the one that came off my 06, it wasnt really that bad. some guy crashed in to me and slammed the muffler which bent the silencer mount in......then the first jump i went off the tire took the silencer the rest of the way under the fender.

get one of those nifty little carbon fiber one piecers with the built in air box; you'll save some weight and add some cool factor.

get one of those nifty little carbon fiber one piecers with the built in air box; you'll save some weight and add some cool factor.

Doesn't the European Rinaldi Team use those? I think you can get um from Rinaldi.

Twin air makes them now don't they?

Wow, finally a post that I am considered to be an expert in 'Subframe Straightening'. LOL. I just disconnect the low side and then use a 2x4 or prybar wrapped in a rag to 'tweak' it back into position. Just be sure to disconnect one side, or it is damn near impossible.

Anyone got a link to the carbon subframe??

I tweaked my subframe today so Im going to try bending it back. So, I just remove the lower bolts and pry it back into shape?