HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MaxPower

Rekluse front axle

3 posts in this topic

In stalled a Rekluse adjustable front axle on my 04 WR450. I rode about 50 miles with it today. I am very happy with what it did for the bike. I moves the wheel back to quicken up the steering.Love it. For me,it made the front end feel lighter and able to hook turns much easier.Sometimes I mess with things and they turn out worse than what I had.Not this time. Im really diggin my bike.

I had my doubts when I bought it.The axle adjustment only is a small amount in either direction.And Im not a fast enough rider to notice a small change like this but I was wrong in this case.Yamaha should have made the bike with this rake.Im on the East Coast so the trails can be tight, but on yesterdays ride, I noticed no problems on the whooped out fireroads as far as head shake or anything. Has anyone ever seen triple clamps made for this bike with 2 degrees less rake?

The downside is that I couldnt use the mechanical speedo spacer. I have a magnetic pickup anyway for mine.And that wheel changes are a little more complicated now.No more just poking the akle through and tightening it up.There is another step or 2 now.

For how much I like it, I would buy one again. I dont think every bike would benefit as much as my 04 WR did.