HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jdubb75

Vapor Shift Light & Temp Warning Settings

4 posts in this topic

I finally got the Vapor installed today, but I have no idea what to set the shift rpm and max rpm lights at. I probably wont use them much, but since they are on there I would like to set them. I've searched on the topic and have only found one post on this. Maybe I'm not holdin my mouth right while typing, but I couldn't come up with much info. I did try though...honestly.:)

What are you guys setting these lights to? I haven't installed the temp sensor yet. That will be another rainy day project, but I would like some input on the temp warning settings also. Here are my bike specs:

07 650R

Engine - Uncorked, desmogged, stock internals

Gearing - Stock

Tires/Wheels - Stock

Thanks in advance to all my floppy fendered brethren.:smirk:

Jdubb,

I set mine at 6500 and 8000. I am running 15-45 gearing so I can run at 70 mph with out the shift light blinking at me. I have the temps set at 195 and 210 if I can remember correctly. I hope that helps. Tony

I set my yellow light to ride the torque wave at 5500 rpms and redline light at 8000 rpm. I like the yellow light down in the rpm's some to remind me to short shift the beast!

On setting it I feel your pain. The manual does go over it but it is a pain. I have to look it up every time I need to go into program mode.

I never set my RPM setting, since I will never really be bouncing off the limiter to much. Mainly using it for commuting and a couple long day trips. The TEMP setting I put at 200, so when it does come I still have time to get up to speed and get airflow over the rads before it boils over.