HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
71fordbronco

01 650r clutch problem

7 posts in this topic

Went riding today and about ten minutes into the ride my clutch would not disengage. I have never tore into a clutch before and was wondering what I could expect. I searched the forum and it sounds like it may be a clutch bushing. Is there anything else it could be. And how bad are the bushings to replace.

The clutch is very easy to access and remove on the XRR...you dont even have to drain the oil to do it.

I'm not sure what your problem is, but I think a little better description would help out....

So you grab a hand full of clutch and nothing happens? Does the pull feel normal? does the lever return as normal?

Pull the clutch cover off and see what you find....it's actually pretty simple in there. Good luck

Same thing happened to my 650r the bushing siezed up. just replace it with a 02 or newer bushing that has the extra oil journal. It was not bad to change at all. I had damage to the basket but the shaft was OK. Get a manual and do it by the book.

Thanks I appriciate the help. I will tear into it and hopefully have it up ang going for some spring riding.

I have the same exact problem. I got an '01 and the clutch wont dissengage at all. What does the clutch bushing look like?