HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
USED YZ426F

New Graphics

5 posts in this topic

Well, like most others on here, I have had some excess time over the last few months when the weather wasn't cooperating with riding. That and all of the legal riding areas around here are about 60+ miles away.

So to use up some of my time, I decided to replace the stock graphics on my 2000 YZ426. As you can see, they were pretty beat up.

YZ426Before2.jpg

After getting the factory decals off, I couldn't decide if it looked better or somehow even worse than before I started.

YZ426NoGraphics1.jpg

I got a set of Flu Designs Graphics off of eBay, and I think that they really look nice. I started with the tank and shrouds.

YZ426RightTankShroud.jpg

YZ426LeftTankShroud.jpg

The only problem area that I had was the right side panel (I did it first) where I couldn't get the whole thing to adhere properly. But, lucky for me, the kit I bought comes with a complete set of black number panels and a black seat cover. Maybe next year I will powder coat the frame and replace the number panels with the spares I now have.

YZ426RightSideFull3.jpg

YZ426Front.jpg

YZ426LeftSideFull2.jpg

YZ426Rear.jpg

The kit I got also has more graphics for the front fender, upper and lower forks, swingarm, and about a dozen misc decals. I'm not sure if I want to put them all on. I am a less is more sorta guy most days.

The new graphics don't make me any faster in real life (in my mind it is a whole other matter), but the bike looks years newer.:smirk:

Next up is to paint or powdercoat the frame, but that will have to wait until next year. Gotta go get some mud on my new decals.:)

nothing like new graphics to "freshen" up a bike...looks good!