Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
martinfan30

GD Mod bugs!!

14 posts in this topic

Just a few observations after my latest battery mod.

As I pulled out onto the street to take a left this morn. , I found my left turn sig. stays on solid. Right turn is norm.

It also seems to be running richer, obviously. Has a slight bog off the bottom. I drilled four 1 1/2" holes in the side panel, but think I may need more.

Its ALWAYS something!:smirk:

yeah thats a good idea! hows she start in the cold mornings with the oil nice n thick???

yeah thats a good idea! hows she start in the cold mornings with the oil nice n thick???

No prob.! I forgot to turn on my petcock this morning(29 deg. F.) and probably cranked it for 10-12 seconds.. With NO drop in cranking speed!! Way better than the stocker.

I do want to thank you for being the guinea (sp?) pig on this project.

No prob, I really enjoy this stuff. Especially as I refine it over time, and others become interested.

I cant take full credit, thanks to Kubiak at 4strokes.

As I pulled out onto the street to take a left this morn. , I found my left turn sig. stays on solid. Right turn is norm.

Its ALWAYS something!:)

Time to pull out the multimeter! :smirk:

Time to pull out the multimeter! :smirk:

Yeah , pretty much. I'm sure its as simple as a pinched wire that happened when I re-routed everything.

Well I found it. When I put the seat back on, the seat disconnected the orange wire from the front turn to the rear turn.:smirk:

All better !

You know, I recomend the crf450x battery for you other L guys. Smaller and lighter.

100_8402.jpg

Martin you running a hotcam, and hi-comp piston? I had to go to a higher amp L battery, but would love to shed that battery box!! Seems she doesn't like to crank much with the mods. Thought about looking into a different starter, but haven't looked around yet.

Hey absynth, just the hotcam(as you know, no decompressor). Even with the crf battery, it cranks faster than the stock battery/stock cam ever did! It has 130 cca compared to the stock 120. Rated at 6aH compared to stock 8aH.

Ive cranked it over for 15 seconds at least, with the kill switch on and it really didnt drop in cranking speed much. I cant see adding a 10.5:1 piston would affect it much.

As soon as the snow is gone here that is something I'm gonna have to look at. I had a new gel battery in the L, but 10sec is sure to drain er. I checked all the wiring for the starter and everything on this bike is clean. I bought the gel last year thinking the battery that came with it was going bad. Wasn't the case but wanted a gel battery anyway. It's been in rotation on my smart charger, and always tests fine. In a couple weeks I will be pulling the finished L out for a rip!!!!