HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Husqvarnasm450r

Color Tires on a 07 Xr650L

12 posts in this topic

I want to put those RED tires I see motocrossers/freestylers be having on their bikes. I wonder do they have color tires for an Honda Xr650L or just made for the motorcross/freestyler guys. Would it be safe to put the RED color tires on my Xr650L..

Yeah, as long as you can get them in a size that'll fit your XR's rims, and you don't expect to use them on the road, you can do it. A waste of money IMHO.

Last time I ran coloured tyres... it was on my first bike. I was 6 and it had a basket on the front.

:-P

d.

Last time I ran coloured tyres... it was on my first bike. I was 6 and it had a basket on the front.

:-P

d.

:smirk::):ride::worthy::ride::worthy:

I dunno, I think a red tread section with black sidewall or red knobs with a black carcass might look alright, but 100% red is just too much red on a mostly red bike.

To answer the question, it wouldn't be unsafe to use them, but obviously they wouldn't be road legal without DOT certification.

On a side note, I remember reading about colored tires for cars that, upon doing a burnout, would emit smoke a similar color as the rubber. Had something to do with appealing to drifters.....and $300 tires you're expected to burn up in a weekend. :smirk: