HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dejavudarrell

00-02 yz426 And 05 yz450 Weight Difference

8 posts in this topic

The frame alone is 6 pounds lighter on the 450. The swing arm is also lighter. After that, a lot of little stuff, like replacing the discreet ignition coil with a coil over plug setup. One less gear in the trans, less rotating weight in the crank assembly, etc.

from what i've heard, the manufacturers do all they can to lower the center of gravity as well, thus producing better handling

That brings up another question,Is the center of gravity different on the 05 450?

The reason for my post come down to this. I've never ridden a 05 450 but when I'm on the track with one If not getting passed ,I'm the first to get off due to arm pump. So is the 05 that much better?

what is the actual weight of the 426......ready to ride.....gas,oil,ect.:smirk:
There's about a gallon of coolant and oil altogether, so figure 9 pounds or so for that, then 7 pounds times the fuel capacity. Add this to the dry weight.

There's about a gallon of coolant and oil altogether, so figure 9 pounds or so for that, then 7 pounds times the fuel capacity. Add this to the dry weight.

That brings up another question,Is the center of gravity different on the 05 450?

The reason for my post come down to this. I've never ridden a 05 450 but when I'm on the track with one If not getting passed ,I'm the first to get off due to arm pump. So is the 05 that much better?

from what i've heard, the manufacturers do all they can to lower the center of gravity as well, thus producing better handling

fka;lsd

1 person likes this