'05 XR650R Price??

My friend is looking at a new dual sport bike for this summer. He has found an '05 XR650R with a bunch of extras. It includes: Baja Designs kit, full pro circuit pipe and header, larger radiators, three tanks, scotts dampner, gaurds (engine, hands, etc..) and an extra set of super moto wheels and rubber. The bike is mint.

The seller is asking $8000can.

Good deal???

With all that, maybe a bit high.

how much canadian is US dollars??? BUT just seeing it has a sumo setup of wheels thats prolly worth at least extra $500 US What kind of wheels? Stock hubs with 17" rims or aftermarket 17" s ? ill bet its worth it but i dont know the rate difference to CAN to US $$$$

OH and since MARTIN is RUDE..........:) AHAHA :smirk:

WELCOME TO TT my northern brother!!!!

Sounds high, did you do the math?

what is 8k canadian in US dollars?? Im thinking its not bad depending on what kind of extra wheel set he has set for SuMo. Some of those aftermarket wheel sets cost 1K US.

whats the damn exchange rate!!!!! LOL

The dollar is basically on par. I don't know the make for the sumo wheels, all I know is they are 17s and knowing the owner, they are probably top of the line.

what is 8k canadian in US dollars?? Im thinking its not bad depending on what kind of extra wheel set he has set for SuMo. Some of those aftermarket wheel sets cost 1K US.

Dont MAKE me.........:smirk:

The dollar is basically on par. I don't know the make for the sumo wheels, all I know is they are 17s and knowing the owner, they are probably top of the line.

well if your saying canidan dollar is the same as US dollar then 8K is was over priced! a good set of SuMo wheels can go for $1K but no 650R like that will be worth $7K.

http://www.xe.com/ucc/ :smirk:

$8K canadian = $8,225.79 US HELL NOOOOOO WAY TOO MUCH!!!

TY for the link

Hey Man! I just picked up one (2005 XR650R) in the crate for 4.5K USD OTD ... sounds high to me.

I'd say more like 5500-6500?? aye?

Good Buy!

Thanks for all your views. It looks like my buddy is going ahead with the deal, it's hard to find good clean 650R's up here in BC.

thanks again.

Prices are dependent on the area of the country or the country itself. They can vary as much as 15-20% from one to the other. A new-in the crate bike will always sell for less than a assembled bike, a bike in the southern US will sell for less than the west or north. East coast prices may be the lowest due to shipping issues. California, even though a coastal state often has inflated prices due to taxes and environmental concerns.