HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
torrmentor

ACTUAL '05 YZ450 weight, please help

5 posts in this topic

I am trying to find out if anyone knows the ACTUAL YZ 450 weight for a 2005 (with or without gas/oil/coolant). The manual states 220lbs, but I suspect it is 5-8lbs over that assuming the manual is conservative to make the bike look good.

I can't assume though, as I need to be accurate to figure out my weight for transport. Can anyone please help???

The manual states dry weight, and it means dry; no gas, no coolant, no oil.

If you need accurate weight, I'd suggest you simply weigh it. Set one wheel at a time on an ordinary bathroom scale and add the two weights for the total. If you are a real stickler, block the wheel that isn't being weighed up on a stack of boards so that it's at the same height as the scale platform.

Thanks,Gray

If you feel that the manual is accurate, I can estimate that the fluids add about 12lbs +/- and go off of a weight of 232-235lbs for my needs. Sound reasonable?

It should be an accurate estimate of the weight with an empty tank, yes. Maybe a little lighter, but close.

stock before adding any aftermarket stuff my 05 yz450 weighed 235 wet w/out gas. that was measured on a doctors double beam scale with the skidplate propped on a 5 gal bucket which set on the scale(the bucket was zeroed out of course):smirk: