HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TMAC25

True Anneversery edition yz450f

44 posts in this topic

So ya here it is, my winter project is complete. I creating a true anniversary edition yz450f to match my R1 anniversary edition and make them look like Yamahas from back in the day. So I took my bike apart and powder coated everything black and got the hurricane graphics kit and did a bunch of other stuff. Just got done yesterday so what do you think?

a064.jpg

a060.jpg

a054.jpg

a048.jpg

I wouldnt have guess it would look as good as it does. WHat bars are those? They look really tall!

dang that is one of the sweetest bikes ive ever seen. looks gr8. only thing is needs is some custom dx1 backgrounds

VERY NICE - you and I have very similar tastes in our Yamahas! I'm kicking myself now that I didn't powdercoat my swingarm and subframe when I did my frame!

I also like the black kickstart and brake lever. Was thinking of those, too. You might consider the right side engine case - it's pretty easy to take off and either paint or powdercoat. My entire motor will eventually be black, but I'll wait to do the remaining pieces when I strip them apart for maintenence. Are you gonna do your motor black, too?

Also Big Gun Coatings will do your radiators in a thermal dispersant paint to black them out if you like. I'm waiting for the stage 3 cooling kit from PWR to come out to paint the radiators black on mine.

again - great job!

I'm not a fan of yellow Yamahas, but that one does look nice. I personally think your bike looked the best when it was blue though. I bet the black frame and wheels would look nice with blue plastic on there.

Bike looks great - would love to do that to mine but Supermoto version like Swatdoc's. What does powder coating run ($) for all the bits?