HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sonic1

06 WR450 Versus a 1998 WR400

3 posts in this topic

Hi all

I have a WR400 1998 and love it as it goes like hell!!

Would a 2006 WR450 be any better apart from Electric start of course.

I know were there is one for sale at a good price and apart from it being newer i was wondering if there is any reason i should change.

My mate and riding buddy has a 2005 CRF450 Honda and apart from it feeling lighter when riding it, in a straight line there nothing in it,although his is a little quicker off the line but he has got racing cams fitted.

Cheers

There is a different feel, the seat goes further forward, and it seems lighter (it may not be). The E-start is nice as well

Good Lord, yes there's a difference. There's huge difference between an '04 and my '99. Rode them both back to back and I was shocked how much lighter the '04 felt and how responsive the motor was compared to mine. I've always thought MY bike ran like a scalded ape. Handling was incrementally better, too. An '06 would be just that much better.