sand riding

There are a number of options. Google "whip mount" .

Idahoballer, that sounds like a good plan, I know it will still be a few months, but post what you find is the perfect setup for Choke, cause I have a friend on a CRF450 who usually beats me by about 1 bike length, and I would love to smoke him.

I have always wanted to build a 450 bike motor because like you say they are already pretty quick in the sand in stock form. I know that the Curtis Sparks canister is the thing to have on the yfz's I wish they made a setup for the bikes.

:smirk::) I have rode a wheelie 90% of the way up Choke on a modified 500, they are the funiest setup there is for the dunes, Bring on the warm weather.

Idahoballer, that sounds like a good plan, I know it will still be a few months, but post what you find is the perfect setup for Choke, cause I have a friend on a CRF450 who usually beats me by about 1 bike length, and I would love to smoke him.

I have always wanted to build a 450 bike motor because like you say they are already pretty quick in the sand in stock form. I know that the Curtis Sparks canister is the thing to have on the yfz's I wish they made a setup for the bikes.

:smirk::) I have rode a wheelie 90% of the way up Choke on a modified 500, they are the funiest setup there is for the dunes, Bring on the warm weather.

I have a custom designed inframe drag pipe on my YFZ made to work with my specific intake and cam setup and itll put a woopin on a sparks pipe with my parts combo.

I will definately post what I find with my bike when I get it out there. I have been really thinkin about running one of the tubliss setups on my paddle wheel so that it will be lighter than running a tube and I can run way lower air pressures if need be without risking any bead slippage on the rim.

We should meet up and ride sometime together out there...

As for the whip mount I am going to buy an HRF whip mount on my 450 and my cousin is going to run one on his 06 yz250 smoker as well.