HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jwebb85

XR650L Carb Questions

2 posts in this topic

I have a 2001 650l and Currently have a Big Gun Evo full exhaust battery in air box, de-smogged. I want to put a pod filter on it but the guy at the bike shop says with the stock carb it will run like hell and never be able to dial it in. He said go with a fcr. My question is will this be a good carb for my setup with a pod filter. I only ride the streets, no dirt. If so, what size 41, 42 mm?? Help me out riding season is around the corner......

I have a 2001 650l and Currently have a Big Gun Evo full exhaust battery in air box, de-smogged. I want to put a pod filter on it but the guy at the bike shop says with the stock carb it will run like hell and never be able to dial it in. He said go with a fcr. My question is will this be a good carb for my setup with a pod filter. I only ride the streets, no dirt. If so, what size 41, 42 mm?? Help me out riding season is around the corner......

I have an 05 XR650L with a non-mx(no choke) FCR 41. The guy was right about the pod on the stock carb. I had a 1/3 throttle bog/hesitation I could not jet out with the pod. I run a pod due to the battery relo. to the airbox.

I would recomend try to get a mx FCR with a choke. I have no problems starting mine with out a choke, I just set the pilot circuit a bit rich.

I am now going to get a crf450x battery to put under the seat so I can regain the use of the airbox.

Overall, the fcr 41 with a pod filter is a great street combo.