Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dforbes67

07 yz450f eng failure , anyone else but me

7 posts in this topic

mine is 9 months old ,well maintained and the plating on the cyl peeled off got in the crank rod bearing and made it start knocking . I beleive its a defect because the piston still looked good , rings were free, and was still cranking first kick just had a knocking sound from rod bearing tore it down to check crank and unexpectedly found cyl damage .I would think anything but a defect would have caused the aluminum piston to be damagaged before or with the plated ,hardened cyl wall . fustrated and broke .

mine is 9 months old ,well maintained and the plating on the cyl peeled off got in the crank rod bearing and made it start knocking . I beleive its a defect because the piston still looked good , rings were free, and was still cranking first kick just had a knocking sound from rod bearing tore it down to check crank and unexpectedly found cyl damage .I would think anything but a defect would have caused the aluminum piston to be damagaged before or with the plated ,hardened cyl wall . fustrated and broke .

who is your dealer here in Ga? You will need them to go to bat for you with Yamaha.

eng is at the dealer now and they say that they are waiting to hear from yamaha , right now just keeping fingers crossed and hoping for the best .

eng is at the dealer now and they say that they are waiting to hear from yamaha , right now just keeping fingers crossed and hoping for the best .

pm me with the dealer name plz. I know the Yamaha rep here in Ga and he is a friend of mine. It may or may not make a difference but hell any help is some help:excuseme:

dealer is Capital Cycle, Bruce wrote it up and I think Bill is who I talked to sat that was waiting on call from yamaha , anything you can do would be greatly appreciated or if you need anything else from me let me know , THANK YOU for your effort .

I hope that Yamaha does good for you, they did for me. I bought a brand new 05 YZ250F and one year later the engine siezed. I tore down the engine and found that a bolt had backed out on a plate holding the main bearings in the case. Then the plate fell and got stuck between the crank and the case. Showed all of this to my local Yamaha shop and they said that if loctite was applied from the factory to that bolt that it would have never happened, so they took the case to Yamaha. Needless to say Yamaha covered ALL of the parts and I let the shop put it back together because of that, and they cut me a den the labor! So a $1,200 total engine rebuild cost me whopping $250!:smirk::):ride: Because of this I love Yamaha and my dealer!:ride:

Good Luck!

-mt-