HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
XpT__cpg_33

2007 Pipe with FMF power bomb

3 posts in this topic

Hi

I bought a used 200y YZ450F that has the stock muffler with a FMF power bomb header. I need to get a pipe with a spark arrestor that is removable.

I spend 90 % time on a track and 10 % where i need a spark arrestor.

Bike runs perfect do not really need more power if anythimg I would like more low end and lighter weight.

Thanks for recomendations

You didn't say if you had a sound limit to meet or not. For performance I would suggest the FMF factory 4.1. It is designed to work with the powerbomb header, it adds power everywhere, but especially in the low end, and is under 100 Db. You can buy a quiet insert to make it quieter, and you can buy a spark arrestor that slips in the end and is fastened with a screw. It is offered with a stainless or titanium midpipe, depending on how much ou want to spend. With the stainless midpipe this slip on is over two pounds lighter than the stock silencer. Even more weight savings are gained with the titanium midpipe, but that comes at a higher price.

You didn't say if you had a sound limit to meet or not. For performance I would suggest the FMF factory 4.1. It is designed to work with the powerbomb header, it adds power everywhere, but especially in the low end, and is under 100 Db. You can buy a quiet insert to make it quieter, and you can buy a spark arrestor that slips in the end and is fastened with a screw. It is offered with a stainless or titanium midpipe, depending on how much ou want to spend. With the stainless midpipe this slip on is over two pounds lighter than the stock silencer. Even more weight savings are gained with the titanium midpipe, but that comes at a higher price.

Thank you very much!