HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
package

yzf front wheel

6 posts in this topic

I have an 07 yzf450 and I would like to know what other year front wheels will fit on it? I have a 01 yz 250 laying around will that front wheel fit with the 01 spacers? I'd try it but it's too cold here right now ( pittsburgh).:smirk:

Then you don't need to know right now, do you? :smirk:

JK :)

The wheel should fit, and I was under the impression that the spacers were the same, but you should compare the lengths, just the same.

It will fit. The issue is this, in 07 yamaha changed the axle (on the 250F at least, I think the 450 was changed also) so I believe you will have to use the 07 wheel spacer on the left. The right spacer should be the same. If it was a 2000 front wheel you would have to use the 2000 spacers and an axle from a 99-06 YZ. Maybe only the 250F was changed in 07, in which case all spacers should be the same. You will be able to tell by looking at the spacers, the newer style has a very short spacer on the left side.

The axle change was not made until '08 on the 450, when they went to the smaller caliper. The '05-'07 YZ450's have the same axle. Since the minor diameter of all of the axles from '98 up is the same, my guess is that the difference lies only in the major diameter where the axle engages the right fork leg, and the length of that end. The only way to know what the change to the left wheel spacer collar actually was is to compare it with one from an '02-'06, which are all the same part. Might be no more than a materials change.

Either way, the worst that could happen is that you'll need an '07 left side spacer.

The axle change was not made until '08 on the 450, when they went to the smaller caliper. The '05-'07 YZ450's have the same axle. Since the minor diameter of all of the axles from '98 up is the same, my guess is that the difference lies only in the major diameter where the axle engages the right fork leg, and the length of that end. The only way to know what the change to the left wheel spacer collar actually was is to compare it with one from an '02-'06, which are all the same part. Might be no more than a materials change.

Either way, the worst that could happen is that you'll need an '07 left side spacer.

You're right, then the spacers should be the same. The 250F got the new axle for 07 and I couldnt remember if the 450 did or not.