07 wr 450 pilot jet ?

have done throttle stop, grey wire, and insert. thinking about taking the snorkle out. i was told that i might have to change the pilot jet and 1/2 turn out on the fuel screw. just wondering anybody has any thoughts

Kill the snorkle.

Then with the bike running, turn the fuel screw all the way in untill the motor starts the die, count the turns as you go. Then turn the screw back out, counting the turns until the idle raises and the bike runs clean, if the number is below 1 a smalle PJ is needed if above 3(??) then a bigger PJ is needed. More than likely the fuel screw adjustment will take care of everything. Raising the needle on the slide will richen it up too. You can also mess with the Main but that only affects WOT.

This thread will probably get moved to the jetting forum. so look for it there.

see what others in our elevation are running and go with that. I don't even change the jetting on my 2 stroke and it is ultra sensitive. Runs like a raped ape in the winter and then when temps get over 90 it get a bit rich. for the few times I ride hard in the summer I just deal with it.

Go to the WR section, they cover it all in a basic search.

theres not alot of nor cal riders in that forum

what you care anyways 2 stroke

I sold this one last summer, it hauled azz!

All of the real info you want is in the stickey's.

Doesn't matter where you are, bike has a world following.

"what you care anyways 2 stroke"

You asked thats why, and proof read

your sentence first.

100_1166.jpg

have done throttle stop, grey wire, and insert. thinking about taking the snorkle out. i was told that i might have to change the pilot jet and 1/2 turn out on the fuel screw. just wondering anybody has any thoughts

Dirt Rider tested the bike this way and said it was fine...most people here would say to richen up jetting a bit - get a JD Jetting kit and it sounds like you'd be set. Prolly go adjustable fuel screw while yer at it. Good luck!!!